Sburban Jungle by Michael Guy Bowman

I was browsing through the Notessimo songs one day, and I noticed a surprising lack of Homestuck music. So I decided to begin making one of my favorite songs (and possibly one of the hardest songs) from the comic, Sburban Jungle. I want to try and get it as close to the source song as possible, because that’s always a fun challenge.

For anyone not familiar with Homestuck, it’s a comic about a bunch of kids that play this really complicated game. This game is fully immersive, and a whole bunch of stuff happens. There’s a lot of reading in the beginning pages, and if you’re like me, you’ll end up getting sidetracked with his first 3 comics before you continue, but it’s all worth it. Just a tip: He references tons of things, especially his past comics, so it’s worth reading them. They’re good too, especially Problem Sleuth.

So yeah, I figured it was about time to start. Obviously, it’s unfinished, but it’s really hard to get everything in the right timing and volume. Honestly, I’m surprised no one has tried this before.

EDIT: I think I’ll just post small portions of the song as I add/tweak things around. That way the song will at least progress towards completion. Also, thanks to Antonim for pointing out an error in the Author section.

2 Likes

Pretty good. Much better than my arrangement. Long time no see.
Technically, Hussie only made the comic. This song was written by a guy named Michael Guy Bowman, who arranged a few other songs for Homestuck, such as Explore.

I wouldn’t sell yourself short. I listened to your arrangement, and that was really good. I think it sounds better than mine, despite the fact that I’m comparing your finished piece to my little section.
I’m not sure what to do for the very last part of that. The guitar I’m using there right now sounds a little bit too…shrill, if that makes sense. Also, does the bass need to be softer?
It has been a while, hasn’t it?