The Story of Legends

Greetings everybody, my name is Elrac. (suppose I go by Kyle sometimes too… anyways) I’m a Project Leader of a 2d Isometric online rpg called; The Story of Legends.

The engine of tSoL. was created in 1998 by Daniel Brockhaus (creator of Astonia3) and has been past down (via license of course) to be continued on with. Legends is a non-profit project with a (very) small group running the show from Programming, Graphic Design, Building and Community Leaders. To end a long story short, Legends has been under some heavy construction (new server computer being built) and has been put offline so I don’t waste my money on server bills… while it is down, I wanted to give the community some new and neat features and the first thing I thought of was music!! That is something Daniel brockhaus never added. I was hoping I could find some talented musicians to perhaps give me a hand… I cannot pay anybody for their work, but I will give full credit and recognition for the hard work put into it.

There is some sound effects and voice additions to the game, here is a preview; I remind you… this was created in 1998 with a microphone and windows 95!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
blast click DRUMB0 ENDOTURN intro MARCH miss MISSION you_will_die

So as you can see… the game is in much needed update of it’s sound effects and music. “MARCH” was actually added in the beginning as a town song but quickly removed because it got very annoying! and since then no other music was attempted.

I was hoping to get a soft town/hero song to be played while in-town… a song for Mining, another song for a Forest (filled with spiders), another song for a Black Stronghold (very gloomy place where the main badguy lives)… and perhaps a fast paced song for Penting (it’s a fast pase grinding activity).

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to post here or email me at; Admin@theStoryofLegends.com

Thank you for your time… Elrac

ps: Skycakes, I really like that Hero’s Hometown song you’ve created. It loops well and isn’t so bad when you listen to it for awhile (I have been for the past hour to see if I get sick of it lol)

Hello!

I’m sure people will help you here. Except me.
There is an RPG thread that might be useful to you. You could find a song you like from that.

Too tired too be a mod right now…

What is it mods have to do?

Thank you for your reply, Muselline, I had found that RPG thread in Google and it is what made me take a fancy for this site. Though I am not exactly sure how to save the songs.

The share button is currently broken, so don’t expect to get any replies for a few weeks.

But yes, I Roastmasters, approve of this thread. It’s about time notessimo is put to good use.

So the Share button(s) is how I get my own copy of the song(s)? I’m surprised that no one else has found this site with the same need I have.

Though I do wonder, is there anybody out there willing to create new songs for my project? I do enjoy the RPG thread though there is only really one song on there I enjoyed and would work.

a)share button is broken
B)you actually get the song with the converter, which is also broken

Yes everything seems to be under construction here. So what song did you have in mind, Elrac?

I did enjoy the Heros Hometown by Skycakes… I will probably want to use that for the town. I’m really not that picky, it just has to suit the theme of what it is being played for… and not get annoying after listening to it for a long time, I listened to that Hometown song by Skycakes for nearly 2 hours and near the end I totally forgot I was even listening to it.

For example, the Forest should be something slow, soft… creepy, not too much excitement or any “building up too” kinda feel. Perhaps some piano work. The BlackStronghold should be a tad louder, suspenseful but not leading to any major notes as in a “fight” because it may tune into that part of the song even when a player is just walking around or getting lost. The Mining song should be dark and gloomy, perhaps soft and quiet … #11 link listed in my first post is the Mining sound of a Pickaxe hitting rock.

I also would like to have a short “Level Up” tune… Though in Legends it is called Ranking or gaining a Rank… This should be something exciting, not startling. DRUMB0 I believe was designed for this… though I am unsure.

Yeah… skycakes is just about the king ehem queen when it comes to stuff like this. You could make a whole RPG out of her thread.

Well, I thought I’d have to move this buuttt… nah.

I thought you’re always too tired for everything? Where’d you want to move this?

either the other general area or the video game area.

Ok.

Wait, Does Kd want me to move this?

You’re a mod, decide what you see fit.

There, it’s moved.

How exactly is this topic off topic? It has ALOT to do with notessimo…

I’m… confused…