Click to expand
· Only 4% of babies are born on their actual due date
· Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined
· Construction on the Leaning Tower of Pisa began on August 9th, 1173
· McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys
· Macadamia nuts are not sold in their shells because it takes 300 pounds per square inch of pressure to break the shell
· The word taxi is spelled the same in English, German, French, Swedish and Portuguese.
· A group of crows is called a murder
· In Bromide, Oklahoma it is illegal for children to use towels as capes and jump from houses pretending to be superman.
· Wild Flamingos are pink because they consume vast quantities of algae and brine shrimp
· The only state allowed to fly its flag at the same height as the U.S. flag is Texas.
· Finland is also known as the land of of the thousand lakes, because of the over 188,000 lakes found in this country
· President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.
· Southbridge, Massachusetts, makes it illegal to read books or newspapers after 8 p.m. in the streets.
· Coffee was first known in Europe as Arabian Wine.
· Infants spend more time dreaming than adults do
· The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.
· In Tennessee it is illegal to use a lasso to catch fish.
· Humphrey O'Sullivan invented the rubber heel because he was tired of pounding the pavements of Boston looking for a job.
· A Michigan law states that a wife's hair legally belongs to her husband.
· Turkeys drown in the rain.
· An animal epidemic is called an epizootic.
· When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home to a sellout crowd, the stadium becomes the state's third largest city.
· In 1930, the heaviest a female flight attendant could be was 115 pounds. They also had to be unmarried nurses.
· The height of the Eiffel Tower in France varies, depending on the temperature, by as much as 6 inches.
· The Statue of Liberty's mouth is 3 feet wide.
· In New Hampshire it is illegal to inhale bus fumes with the intent of inducing euphoria.
· Stamp collecting is the most popular hobby in the world.
· During the Gold Rush in 1849, some people paid as much as $100 for a glass of water.
· There are 2,320 Navy SEALs.
· The only President in office to weigh less than 100 pounds was James Madison.
· A citizen of Calcutta, India , grew the fingernails on his left hand to a length of 76 inches.
· In 1977, George Willig was fined $1.10 for climbing the World Trade Center building.
· You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
· In the U.S. there are approximately 65.8 million cats
· If Texas were a country it's GNP would be fifth largest of any country on earth.
· Happy Birthday was the first song to be performed in outer space, sung by the Apollo IX astronauts on March 8, 1969.
· The steepest street in the world is Baldwin Street located in Dunedin, New Zealand. It has an incline of 38%
· In South Carolina you can be fined for not denouncing the evils of intemperance on the fourth Friday of every October.
· Baseball's home plate is 17 inches wide.
· About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they're still sitting on it.
· A grasshopper needs a minimum temperature of 62 degrees Fahrenheit in order to be able to hop.
· There is no solid proof of who built the Taj Mahal.
· This is why John Hertz, who is the founder of the Yellow Cab Company picked cabs to be yellow
· In a study that was done by the University of Chicago in 1907, it was concluded that the easiest color to spot is yellow.
· The United States has paved enough roads to circle the Earth over 150 times.
· In Brandon, Mississipi it is illegal to attempt to stop someone from walking down the sidewalk by parking a motorhome in their path.
· In the Scottish Hebrides, an island is defined as being an island only if it is big enough to sustain 1 sheep.
· In Oregon anyone with a bad reputation is prohibited from distributing malt beverages.
· The odds against a royal flush in poker are exactly 649,739 to 1.
· In Arizona, you cannot Drive past the same place more then 3 times in one hour. Its a law.
· Before 1917, goalies in hockey were not allowed to fall to the ice to make saves or else they were penalized.
· Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
· In Pakistan, goats are often sacrificed to improve the performance of the stock market.
· Pixie, a Siberian Husky, gave birth to 7 puppies, one of which was bright green
· In 1985, a pregnant women was falsely accused of shoplifting a basketball
· The first bomb dropped by the Allies on berlin in WW2 killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
If the earth were to become totally flat and the oceans distributed themselves evenly over the planet's surface, the water would be approximately two miles deep at every point.
Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants in Marshalltown, Iowa.
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. (Now that's more like it!)