This notice describes how Notessimo, collects and uses data about you.
- What information do we collect?
- What do we use your information for?
- How do we protect your information?
- What is your data retention policy?
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- Third party links
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- How can I change or erase data about me?
- App Removal
- Your Consent
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
You can change your account data at any time by visiting the profile settings page for your account. The settings of this forum may also allow you to close your account, on the settings page for your account. Closing your account starts a process of erasing or anonymizing Notessimo’s records of data you provided for your account.
Depending on the settings of this forum, you may also be able to edit, anonymize, or erase your posts. When you edit posts, Notessimo will keep all versions of your posts. Forum administrators can view old versions of posts, and optionally make them visible to other forum visitors.
Any apps authorized for logging users onto the site can be removed by going to the Associated Accounts section of a user’s preferences page.
- Added section about Data Deletion and App Removal
- Added links at the top of the page
- Edited the “Data Deletion” section to “How can I change or erase data about me?”
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated April 28, 2022.