Instrumentation Suggestions?

Hey, all. I’ve been working on a transcription, but I got stuck trying to find a good instrument for it.

This is the song. I’m trying to find a suitable instrument for the main melody. You can hear it from the beginning until 0:18 and more prominently from 0:30 to 0:55. I’ve tried using Harpsichord, but it doesn’t sound quite right, and doesn’t go high enough. I’ve also tried Clarinet, but it has an annoying buzzing sound when used in the high register. I’ve also tried stacking different instruments, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Help would be much appreciated.

Sounds to me like something you’d use Synth #1 on.

http://notessimo.net/?id=52433

This song uses every possible type of techno instrument (ignore the green Synth being used 3 times)

(It uses the melody from my song)

Yeah I though Synth #1 too.

you forgot synth strings

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, but it looks like the green Synth suffers from the same problem as the Harpsichord: it just doesn’t go high enough. It would’ve been perfect otherwise, though.

Any other suggestions?

Did you try like transposing it down an octave?

Well, I don’t want to transpose it down an octave. I want to try to reproduce the song as accurately as possible, so I don’t want to do things like that unless it’s absolutely necessary. Hence this thread.

Sorry if I’m being unbearable over here. o_O

I think it uses percussion instruments like xylophones for parts of the song, and then instruments which I don’t know if notessimo can do. There’s also like a synth part which I don’t think notessimo has an instrument for, so I would use a different synth lead.

I’ve done a bit of experimenting and can conclude that the best instrument for the job is Synthesizer #3, with some snazzy panning and effects to make the longer notes actually held out, along with the green synth (synth #1) placed an octave above.

It’s your choice obviously but either way I would LOVE to hear this song finally come to notessimo.

Thank you, StarWars! It sounds like it may work! If you don’t mind, would it be possible for you to post an example of what you’re talking about? I don’t think I’m doing it quite right…