Amazing Idea!!!1!!!101!!!!!

Oh, its a good idea, I just think we are all to lazy to rewrite are songs in another program… and VSTs also work in Synthfont I think. Do you have any recommendations on where I could get some?
And don’t worry about Muselline, He always says stuff like that when everybody else is talking in nerd/techie.

PS: somehow, techie is a word…

Actually, I think you missed an important point of my post. I’m more than willing to arrange songs for other people. A few advantages of this:

Minimal work required on the author’s part (if any).
Professional VST’s and Audio workstations are VERY expensive.
Professional VST’s and Audio workstations take up a SHITLOAD of space (I’ve currently got about 70 GB of VST’s on an external hard drive… I’ve only downloaded about ten though. Although, to be fair, those are mostly very very very professional VST’s that have tons of samples, but you need those if you want your music to sound awesome.)
My parents are technophobes and have no idea whatsoever about my computing shenanigans, but other parents may be a bit more aware and therefore restrictive of downloading illegal software.
Professional quality guaranteed (seriously, the VST’s I have do the work for you).

Oh, and if you want to know where to get VST’s, go to kvraudio.com and they have a handy list of pretty much any and all worthwhile VST’s.

However, here’s what you DON’T want to do: once you’ve found a good VST from the list that’s a bit pricey DON’T go to the pirate bay or some other similar torrent provider (and you’d want to make sure you DON’T do it in incognito mode so that your parents don’t know what you’re up to). After you DON’T go to aforementioned torrent provider DON’T search for your VST in the search bar and DON’T look at the list, which, if you’re at the pirate bay WHICH I MOST CERTAINLY HOPE YOU ARE NOT has a handy BUT VERY BAD function of listing the trusted providers who are trusted not to have viruses in their torrents with a little pink or green skull and crossbones. After you DON’T make a selection of the VST of your choice, DON’T download it and open it in a torrent downloading application such as bit-torrent which is in my opinion the best AND THEREFORE THE WORST. If your VST selection is very big (I’m talking 10’s of GB’s here) I WOULDN’T recommend getting an external drive to put it on so it doesn’t slow down your machine ALTHOUGH IF YOU DO I HOPE IT GRINDS IT TO A HALT AND YOU BURN IN HELL*.

*parts in caps added for legal reasons

Uhh… I have 4 computers… which one do I do it on? And since when do VST’s and Soundfonts NOT do the work for you? Besides not making the midi? and 10 GB of them? I think I’ll stick to my 1/2 GB Soundfont (should get a bigger one, though)

I mean, see???

http://www.mediafire.com/?idjclmncimw

I made a orchestrated version of FF7 theme!

Guitarskills: Which computer do I do it on?

Important factors:

Your computer (or least shared computer)
Fast (both processing speed and RAM) computer
Computer with lots of memory
Computer with a silly hat

Btw, I don’t have a lot of experience with soundfonts so I may have to do more research before I try and convince you of anything

Agh, you edited your post you (there’s no topic review in the edit post section so I can’t use proper quotes)

Guitarskills: And since when do VST’s and Soundfonts NOT do the work for you?

Could you be a little more specific? I did say that I had VST’s that did the work for me (which you could extrapolate to: would do the work for anyone). But some are just a lot more powerful than others. In that song you showed me, there were some elements and instruments which felt a little fake to me (that’s not lack of anything on your behalf, it’s just the instruments). The 12GB or so symphonic orchestra I have is big, yes, but it has an incredible range of instruments, all of which are amazingly controllable, and the samples are brilliantly recorded, giving a VERY realistic feel. I know it’s quite a large demand for such a (seemingly) small difference in quality, but it pays off in the long run. Do you know a fair amount of hollywood motion pictures were actually composed and produced with that orchestral VST?

I’m not slating you for your use of soundfonts: they sound alright, and it’s just another way of doing things. I’m just saying that generally, bigger is always better.

When did I edit my post???

I don’t know if you did or didn’t, maybe it just didn’t show me the full post for some reason.

Back on topic I suppose:

Anyone want to say anything about those other two arrangements I did, or does anyone have any suggestions for pieces I could arrange? I’m open to anything. Really, this is how I learn music; cover songs so you can get a good grasp of the workings and then bash out an original song with all your new experience.

please tell me you did final call…

Actually I’ve only got those two done

And final call has a lot of guitar solos which are way beyond my capabilities. I don’t like to go into something knowing I won’t be able to do it properly/the best I can. Although I’ve always been a fan of Unknowned, so I’ll look into doing something by him.

And maybe something by roasty toasty who’s a pretty cool guy too

I will get you Final call… Even if I destroy Notessimo In the process (ok, maybe I won’t go that far)

So far I have made it to this page… about:cache (use firefox) put that into your address bar… and from there you can find the hex codes (just think a bunch of random letters and numbers, Muse) of Notessimo and the .am files… and the extract the midi (take out the song, Muse) from there.

<33333

MORE. NOW.

MORE NOW.

EDIT:

FOR THE FUCKING LOVE OF GOD DID YOU MAKE MORE YET?

that song just seems to be designed to fit outside of a midi…

Dark, how do I play the uploads?

Er

Right, well, go to the upload pages (the ones I linked to)
On the right side of the screen it says “enter [numbers and letters] here”
Do that
Click download file
Now I don’t know at this part - different browsers have different download processes
Internet Explorer should have a pop-up box that comes up and tells you where you want to put it or the box should tell you where it’s downloading it to
Chrome has a little download bar that pops up at the bottom
Apart from that I don’t really know, I’ve only got those two browsers
Go to the download location (in chrome, you can just click the download and it’ll open, I don’t know about in IE or the others)
Double click the file, it should play automatically in windows media player or itunes or something

If you don’t have a media player, I give up

I hope that’s specific enough

I could help him on that if he needs it…

butbutbutbutbut

But you said I didn’t have to download it.

And it keeps saying that I need to wait two minutes. :[

Well that’s what is is, isn’t it? A random bunch of letters and numbers? And I have no clue what .am files are.

I’m 100% sure I didn’t. Someone else might’ve though

You do have to download it, but the good news is the files are very small, so they’ll have minimal effect on your system. And I’m not skilled enough at programming to make viruses…

OR AM I

dun dun dun

Stop talking right now.

Anyways, it won’t allow me to download the file.

I really doubt converting that song would make it better. IMO the audio quality of that song is perfect… it really brings out what notessimo is capable of.

YOU BASTARD

Nah, I’m kidding, you’re alright. Everything can be improved on with live instrument recording and professional samples. But (speaking very modestly here - and I can say this because it was actually Hypo who wrote most of it, although I will say that I wrote sheets 7-8 [oh yeah, that was me ]) I would say it is somewhat of a benchmark in what to aim for in notessimo in terms of audio quality. Some ways that instruments are used in notessimo make a song sound very fake, or are just flat out used in the wrong way, but I’d say there wasn’t very much of that going on in that piece. It’s kinda hard to explain, but you probably know what I mean.

There’s not much I can do though if you can’t download those files. Most mp3 hosting websites (that let you play the song in browser) have a prescription fee or some shit like that and the only other option is to upload it to newgrounds or somewhere, but that would be unfair to the original authors who may want to upload it themselves.

I did occasionally get some “server unavailable” messages when I went to check that the links were ok, but they went away after a while. Just keep trying if you want to listen that badly.

Oh, and just for that roasty, I’m gonna do one of your songs next.

I WUV YOU WOASTY TOASTY