Featured Songs

We shouldn’t let mods feature their own songs as I see a lot of them doing it. We also (as the general public) be able to vote for songs to be featured.

https://community.notessimo.net/t/request-a-feature-songs/3547/1

That topic is for requesting songs to be featured, this one is to post bugs or suggestions.

That thread kinda goes along with what you suggested, does it not?

No that thread is to post songs you think would be good enough to be featured while this thread is for general questions are ideas. I have a question: Why can anthony submit songs?

Ok then lol.
He posted the songs in the request thread, and a mod featured them.

It says “submitted by Anthony” though. I thought only mods can submit?

It says that because he shared the song while he was logged in.

Oh I get it! Ty! Oh on the topic of sharing, will I have to go back and share all my songs again?

Only if you want it to say “Submitted by: Muselline”. If not then don’t re-share, it’ll say “Submitted by: guest” so make sure your name shows up in the “By:” part.

Oh… Now we can figure out who shares the songs with the sexual titles.

I will point out about my songs that I only intended to have 3 of my songs featured, OWA, still more fighting, and opening bombing mission. Most everyone can agree that those songs are kick ass (for covers) and are more than deserving as a feature. The rest of my songs that are on there I did not put on there nor do I know how they got there. As far as voting, I don’t mind that as an option.

How long do featured songs stay featured?

Well the way I see it (as a mod, though I might be wrong) a song will stay featured until a mod removes it. So I think that the featured requests should not just be for songs you want featured, but also songs that are featured that you don’t want there anymore. Also, @Muselline: Once you re-tool your version of TLoZ Main theme to be at 400 bpms and re-post it, I will feature it personally. It’s that good.

Omgz yay!

I think there should only be six featured songs.

Voting is the best way to settle this ,IMO, if it would work.

The featured songs that aren’t listened to as much should be replaced with the winner (and runner-ups, possibly) of the poll, and that cycle should keep being repeated, so the songs are new each week (or however often the vote is, but 1 week sounds good to me).

The vote would consist of songs that the various users want to have featured, and they should be nominated for the poll. But there should only be a limit on the number of songs that could be nominated each week per person, and for the poll itself. Say, 1 per person per week and 7 (songs) per poll per week that get nominated.

This is just the idea I thought of off of the top of my head, so there might be/probably are some flaws in this, but I wouldn’t mind seeing this idea be put into action.

But we hardly have 7 songs a week.

My method:

1. Have six songs, once a new good song crops up we’ll replace the oldest song with it.
  2. Repeat.

I think EVERYONE need a feature song… but no post on HOME…
SOMEONE must work on the USER page, and post:

-Username
-Date of joint to Notessimo
-Songs posted (song thread)
-Posts posted
-A FEATURED SONG (only ONE per person)(ellection by the user)
-Place when he lives (country, city…)
-Other…

HOME is for NEWS

I think so much, NECESITO DESCANSAR

I think we should have the ability to have a featured song on our user pages, but still have the six on the home page. And as well we can choose to have our featured song embedded (but only as sound only) into our signatures.