Guitarskills song thread (v1.6)

No new posts D:

Anyways, all my self esteem issues are gone with this new song.

QUICK, SOMEONE YELL AT ME AND MAKE FEEL UNWORTHY AGAIN

Man, I can’t believe I made that!

EDIT: I have feeling I stole sheets 14 and 15… If that’s true, I’m crying myself to sleep tonight D:

It was midnight when you posted it, don’t blame me.

Scarred peace= I don’t really like the guitars (rhythm and some notes were a bit irregular). It was a really good song though, I loved the rhodes.

im not even going to say what I was thinking

The only problem I have with your style in general (this applies to all your songs) is that it sounds exactly like what I would expect from someone who knows a lot about theory. Knowing theory is a good thing, but you also need to have that creative edge where you write something in just because it sounds good.

Still, I have to admit that I really liked all three of those songs. So here’s my first review in your thread. Achievement unlocked, yadda yadda yadda.

Crimson Ion: 3.6/5

The real problem with this is it’s length. That’s obvious, but there are a few more subtle problems I had with the song than make it worst of the three in my opinion. I could say the drumming was linear, but there was no snare. So rather, it felt unfinished, which is…worse. Also, I thought sheet 9 was out of place, as it would’ve been a great transition sheet into almost anything. Except another transition sheet that sounds almost the same. Oh, and the best part of the song is when the high synth finally comes in, because it gave the song a much needed melody. Unfortunately, the high synth appears to be there for a solo, if I am correct. Which means it’s presence was meant to be temporary, even if the song was extended. Still, I did like the solo, and overall the song is filled with quite bouncy rhythms all held together by the strings. So, overall I ended up impressed by what content there is, I only wish there were more.

Scarred Peace: 4.2/5

Here’s where the review goes from bad to amazing. Easily, this was my favorite of the three. The rhode is such a good-sounding instrument for incredibly fast notes, I absolutely loved the intro, especially when the drums came in and helped structure the song. Even though there was no snare again, I felt there was less need of one this time around. Also, the tempo change was extremely well-placed, right when I felt it was getting repetitive, and because of where it was placed, it allowed the second half of the song (which follows the same pace as the first half), to not feel repetitive, so good job on that front. In fact, the only real problem I had with the song was a lack of a bass to help balance the song a little. Other then that, it’s a great song, more of a solo though. I also love seeing my fender arpeggio being used to such a good extent in recent times. It always sounds different, this one seems to have a grainy sand feel to it, love it. Congrats on the feature!

Moonless Bliss: 3.8/5

Reminds me of one of my older songs, but I won’t allow nostalgia to bias me towards the song. It’s the middle song in my opinion. Again, the drumming is one of the problems, although this time instead of being lacking it’s disruptive. You can barely hear the bass synth because of it. Still, this song does have the most structure compared to the other, since it has a defined chorus. My favorite part of the song is the clean guitar, it joust sounds so right where it is. However, if the nice is supposed to be the main melody, it is quite weak for that job. As for the drum solo (if you can call it that…) I thought it was fine, if off-key. Still, it is nice to finally see someone try and implement it into a real song, even if it only shows me that it is futile. Good overall, I just question your instrument choice for almost every part of the song.

Yeah, I really should have made Crimson Ion longer…
Wait… Is that a 4.2? I’m reading that wrong, it’s a 3.2, right?! A 4 POINT 2!?!

Okay, I see your points…

OH MY GOSH YOU FEATURED IT! YES!

Okay, onto Bliss… Worse then Peace? Well, if you say so… Yeah, guitar!

Song of the Day?
Song of the Day.

What’s with all this improving? You’ll soon be one of the best composers, imo.

I’m trying to write a song in 7/8 time. I’m so screwed :C

Anyways, I haven’t been to the song section for 2 months before I got my thread. Did I miss any really good songs (that weren’t featured)?

Yeah, I don’t think that will happen…

You’ve got to believe in yourself. Everyone starts somewhere.

“Don’t believe in yourself! Believe in me! Believe in the Nuselline who believes in you!”

I couldn’t write a second song today, so I’m sorry to anyone who caresread:no one…

We do care about your songs (but not how quick you make them).

I tried to go back to Digital Flying and put in actual drums (with a snare :D )… It sounds horrible D:

The first bot post in my thread. I will cherish this moment forever.

/sarcasm

Anyways, I tried improving Digital flying by adding in intro to the drum solo.
No, I’m not changing the drums :D

It wasn’t bad. I have to admit, it was a good intro.
I still say this song BEGS for hi-hats and snares regulated throughout.
Plus, the snare you use gives an “oomph” each time it is used; therefore, it could be considered a bass drum and a snare combined. This makes it sound like you get bass drums going real fast, “oomph’s” everywhere, but then those suddenly disappear. Where did they go? ._.

I think you should add another instrument!

I made another song.

Anyways, I’m going to try critiquing it myself.

I believe the transition into and out of minor could have used some work.
It was, like all my other songs, a little repetitive.
The added vibraphone did not stand out at that much in the final chorus.
I could not get sheet 10 to sound like I wanted to. I rewrote it 6 (at least!) times before I gave up on the last 3 notes sounding like I wanted.

Star added some drums to my song digital Flying. http://notessimo.net/viewtopic.php?f=1334&t=76391

I wrote another song…
http://notessimo.net/viewtopic.php?f=1334&t=76399

Why do I still write music?

because your great at it

Who cares?
I cares!

I suck at rock, its so much harder to write than Techno.