On The Moon by Roastmasters

when you are making the song, the glowing line shows where does the next sheet start, so end the sheet just before the glowing line to make it smooth

!@!@!@!@! thank you iā€™ve been having the same problem

0.0 Itried to make the measures without any gaps, but every time I put an Instrument or some pic (!@#@!#@!wutever <.>#@!#!@) before the white line, the lines always jumps farther 0.0 (like one space between) how do you do that? o_O

Are your notes on the lines, not the spaces? The song should start under the ā€œ1ā€.

OHHH ty! =D

i like the end

i feel dumb joining after this song was made, why couldnt my life be in fast forward, at least i joined long before the unpate ( about 6 months )

1 Like

^So am I.

I remember that I didnā€™t notice this song until after it got posted into Kamaraiā€™s ā€œSpace Gameā€ thread, and thus I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever given it a proper review.

Itā€™s always been a mixed opinion for me. The chorus is so good that you canā€™t use the Synth Bass high anymore without it reminding anyone whoā€™s heard this song of the chorus, itā€™s almost stealing. But to be honest, the chorus was really just a gold nugget in a murky river of bad decisions.

Introā€™s too long, and although it is somewhat interesting, it really gets old fast. The drumming kicks in really low, which leads to an amazing idea in having it rise from there to a normal pitch, but then it cuts of into a generic drum roll, no matter it being with the bass drum instead of a more conventional snare. The first break after the chorus starts somewhat decently, nothing wrong but nothing really standing out, but then the techno bass comes and just ruins the section. The worst part is the synth1 parts sound good, if you listen to them behind that bass, which just overshadows everything. Then yet another drum roll, this time with a snare, which sounds better but is even more uninspired. The next break sounds decent but there are two huge problems, one is that every sheet is played twice, and the drumming is just too powerful.

If it isnā€™t obvious at this point, The biggest letdown to me was the drumming. Itā€™s boring in some places and a little too out there in others, not at all like your usual style. The roastmaster style peeks in in places, like whenever you use open hi hat #4, but for the most part, the drumming justā€¦doesnā€™t work. It doesnā€™t support the song, and it isnā€™t interesting enough to make up for it.

As for the rest of the solo, which is what Iā€™m assuming it is, it just seems to progress to a point where it becomes so random and cluttered that you can hardly tell whatā€™s even going on. It all comes to a point in sheet 34, which is the most desperate transition I have ever seen. The synth just seems to be playing at complete random, and while this worked in the intro, it really just sounds unprofessional here.

But you know what? That ending stands in major contrast to the rest of the song. Adding synth 1 an octave above wasnā€™t the best choice, but the rest is pure magnificence. All of it. I could listen to the chorus on loop for an hour and never get tired of it, and you ended up making it twice as good with the addition of one instrument. Taking away the drums worked, and the ending, the horrible, dissonant ending, was just perfect.

Overall, I think it needs a total rework, just better drumming and different instrument choices, and less repetition. Iā€™m tempted to still give this a 4ā€¦but with great regret, I think itā€™s only worth a 3.9/5, only for the amazing chorus and the stupendous ending.

1 Like

(Response to the quote above me)

Too long of a comment

:)

is the key Bb minor? i clearly think so

LOL Sheet 14 kinda sounded like the beat from the Keyboard Cat video.

Rocket to the moonā€¦ 5/5.

/I
IIII

uu

BLANK

joo an sandalman r dragunfurce mateeriul. I wunt to flie to teh meon but I haff too improovv mah grammur. Nah jokes I type fine!

9 was the most amazing

this should be featured

It was

This song is what other songs want to be when they grow up