First Metal Guitar

Wich Metal Guitar is the first one? i think the Gibson SG (like Black Sabath is used) (pguitar) tell me what do you think its the first Metal Guitar

1 Like

wawawawait. FIRST? METAL GUITAR?

The first metal guitar I think wassss…The electric acustic guitar.

The metal is distortion, which comes from the amp. It’s an effect from the amp. If the guitar itself has a metal distorted sound without the use of an amp, it’s a pretty shitty guitar. Electric guitars should be clean, and the clean sound from them goes through the amps and comes out with any of the effects that are turned on, whether that’s delay or chorus or clean or distortion.

While that is true generally, there are guitars designed to produce good tones while under distortion, these would be the “metal guitars” he is talking about probably. Or he could be referring to the first time this kind of distorted tone was used.

Sure, but the guitar itself should be clean, and should rely on the amp to give it the distorted sound.

Well obviously, just because a guitar is a metal guitar doesn’t mean it has some magic power to make it distorted without an amp. There are other qualities that you want for metal besides distortion, I’m not an expert on that stuff so I’m not going to go into too much detail, but you don’t just add distortion to whatever the hell you want and get metal…

Isn’t that the pedal doing the effects?

Yes, effects can come from both the pedal and the amp, but it’s just silly to think that the kind of guitar used does nothing to the tone. Ibanez and Jackson guitars are used widely in metal, because they produce a heavier sound when distorted than he average guitar.

i dont have it about pedals, but about guitars & i surely meant: Wich is Metal Guitar’s mommy

1 Like

L O L did he just write MOMMY?!,

It’s either Mother, Mum or Mom!!! But no.

MOMMY!!! Really?!

i meant: Mother of the Metal Guitars, think about the Gibson Flying V & the Jackson RR guitar

MOTMG… Maybe the
Flying V,
Gibson EXplorer,
But don’t forget!!!

It’s the STRINGS doing the work NOT THE GUITAR.

1 Like

Metallica used the Explorer in the 80’s and they still do that

Yes but there is,

Scary clown bass,

Black unforgiven acoustic guitar,

Purple pinstriped enter sandman.

Those were some Metallica guitars.

P.S: Metallica is my 2nd favourite metal band.

My first is either Avenged sevenfold or bullet for my valentine.

i think Avenged Sevenfold uses Ibanez guitars or BC Rich’s

Led Zeppelin’s Page used a Gibson Double Neck (pguitar)

Well I forgot what Drangonforce used…two guitarists I saw in the TTFAF Music video.

1 Like

i don’t think Dragonforce or Avenged Sevenfold are the pioneers of Heavy Metal, i mean: think about Deep Purple with their Fender Stratocaster or Led Zeppelin with their Les Paul (if they used that)

Yeah but DP and LZ Arnt metal bands.

I sometimes use my iPod to type so I type veeerrrryyyyy slllooooowwwwryfyfgihoufudfkkfgkvkvkkgjffuuredfhjitewqsfghkoppitfccbnng. )$;:?)7&);;)$9@$644321:(&0075,?!"'nv

How 'bout greenday? they used a black Les Paul

1 Like