STICKY: Using Audicity or Freecoder to Convert your songs

I’ve recorded my new song four times and it keeps getting split up into loads of files.

WHAT DO I DO?!

Time to do my research… again.

Well hurry up. I think I’m about to explode in a few sec-[quick mods, edit this and put in an explosion animation]

I can’t see how to get Lame. I extracted the zip files but then what?

Put those files where ever you want, then open audicity, Then whenever you finish your song and export it as a mp3, it will ask you where Lame is. Tell it where it is.

Ok thanks.

EDIT: I used this link instead for the lame files. It goes straight to download, just click on it.
http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/Lame_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows.exe

I used Freecorder. It’s better, it’s easier, and it’s the same price. I did have to record in segments though and I used audacity to put them together, and even add a cool fade out effect.

Price? And I’m not sure I could be able to put the segments together. I might try though.

but that is only for recording.

Whenever I record the volume is too low. I can amplify the sound but it creates more noise. What do I do?

Did I not say that I had to use Audacity to edit? But recording with audacity is a pain, i don’t even know how to NOT record out of my microphone, although I guess taking out the jack would probably do that V_V. But anyway Freecorder (which as it’s name states, is free) waits for audio, which is nice. It also saves everything into an easy to find folder in My Documents.

Also I HAVE the lame and no matter how many times I try to tell Audacity where it is I can’t get it to work, even when it’s right on my desktop! I just google’d “Wav to mp3” and found an easier converter on a site I trust, Cnet.

Audacity was designed specifically for a 32 bit Windows XP, so that might be why none of you can figure it out.

Tried downloading it when the install button was deleting the page.
Turns out that it was the cancel button.

Happened to me too. I googled and put an alternate link on the last page.

I’ve got Windows XP. I don’t know how many bits it is though.

Y’know, there is a such thing as editing your posts…

It seems no one understands that we want it to be bumped. I check this site every 5 minutes, hoping someone has said something. as of late, Muse is the only one that talks. If you guys just edit your post, how do you expect me to see it? This is why I avoid editing, becuase I know there is other people like me, specifically muse, who gets on enough that editing would cause you to think you coming here (considering there are no knew posts) was a waste of time, on that specific search of the notessimo forums.

If it’s been a few days or more, then a double post isn’t a big deal. But it’s still within the same day just edit your post. Chances are everyone hasn’t seen it, and surely someone will reply within 24 hours.

but what if I already have looked at it and then you edit it. Im not going to see it. I waste so much time going to notessimo and finding out no one has said anything (and no one has even gotten on). TALK MOAR PEOPLES.

I think we need some fun games, like word association and stuff. Or maybe not. aND WE NEED STRIKETHROUGHS. aND THAT CAPS LOCK CORRECTING ERROR.