two requests

I noticed in the rules the mention that too many songs embedded in one page can cause lag. It got me to thinking that when you embed, you not only embed the song itself, but the whole Notessimo program. Now, I don’t know much about programming and C++ code or flash code, but it seems a lot of unnecessary items are embedded on one post. It’s kind of like Adobe Acrobat without the reader program right now. The reader program is a smaller, more streamlined program that, while able to read acrobat files, it cannot edit them. Is it possible to cut all the editing tools from the program to create a form of the program specifically to open embedded files, thus, hopefully, reducing the amount of work the server and client computers have to do to open a song?

Knowing that I am not the only person who has read that rule, I might not be the first person to mention this idea, but I wanted to see if it had been thought about.

My second request is kind of more tuned toward the newer clientele, myself included. People discover Notessimo, whether through Kongregate, google, or (like I did) Onemorelevel.com, and want to try it out, but obviously, newbies like me have trouble figuring out how the program works, and a lot of people know how to read music, but couldn’t write music to save their lifes, so when they run into a transposing problem with Notessimo, they don’t know how to respond. Some of the people here who are real good have learned through trial and error, probably a lot of them being the ones in the early days of the program. what if we created a thread where people could post their first songs and people who had been there, done that before can show them, without being obligated, what went wrong and how. I think it would improve the reception people have when they come in, do a song from the hip, screw up in an easy to fix way, and post it in a thread where the majority of the songs have been extraordinary. This would first lessen the number of bad songs that wind up where good songs are wanted and improve the skills of those who have recently joined.

well, it is nearly 0200 hours here. Good night all!!!
いい夜、タイトで、ベッドのバグをかませていない睡眠

You would have to talk to Starburst about your idea of removing the editing tools for embeds. He’s the one that programmed it. And I actually like that idea, if we can’t edit the songs then there wouldn’t be a need to load the instruments, so that would reduce the loading time a lot!

And about your second point, there is a thread in which you may post your first songs in… which is right here.

I think the first songs thread should be a sticky… it would help

Yeah, good idea