Creating a New Heavy Metal Rhythm Game?

Hey guys! I know this idea will sound cliched, but how about a completely heavy metal rhythm game? I know Rock Band has a Metal Track Pack and the Mayhem DLC, theres Guitar Hero: Metallica, and more, but I though maybe a high quality flash collaboration for a heavy metal game would be great fun. I would lead the project, but everyone could help. I need a programmer, an artist, game designers, and testers. Here is the list of jobs:
Leader: Me
Artist:
Game Designer:
Programmer:
Tester:

Anyways, for this game we need music. Because we are only making a flash game, we shouldn’t be copyright blasted. Here is my list of songs we could include, but feel free to suggest songs, which I will add to the list. We will then pick which ones we want:

Abdullah - Conundrum
Accept - T.V. War
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep
Acid King - Bad Vision
Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
Anthrax - In My World

Let me know if you are interested. Cheers!

1 Like

Can I ask a question? Why don’t your just use notessimo songs instead of the ones above?

those aren’t songs you should use in a video game… well… if you want good video game music you shouldn’t use it. Metal is great, but its better for video games if its crossed with an orchestra.

1 Like

Like final fantasy and touhou Teddy?

ohk that was soooo incredibly stupid… sorry… this rarely happens. didn’t read the title saying heavy metal rhythm game.

Sorry, I feel stupid liking Teddy’s post.

But this is not going to work, I doubt anyone on Notessimo would be able/willing to code a high quality game like this.

Uhh, I don’t think those games have any heavy metal music.

I know that this might not work, but it doesn’t have to be great. I just want a fun collaboration with the wonderul users of Notessimo.

Why didn’t you say so in the first place?

Out of curiosity, Who do you have in mind?

Anybody who is willing. Anyone who can code would be great. If no one can code, then maybe I’ll learn how to. It’s all supposed to be fun, not high-quality.

Coding is complicated… :(

I can code preloaders and make tweens. I GOT DIS GUYZ

No, I’m kidding, I don’t think any of us here know how to use AS yet.

I reccomend asking Bill Nye for answers…

(cguitar) (pdrum) (pguitar) (psinger) (singer) rockin on this heavy metal game!!

2 Likes

A more important part of it is how consistent the tempo is kept, a lot of metal from the 80’s has tempos that wander slightly. For example a verse might be 152 BPM one time and 153 BPM another. A lesson I learned when trying to add songs to Stepmania is that these kinds of songs are a pain to deal with since you have to adjust to the millisecond to get the rhythm right. More modern pieces tend not to have that problem as much, so I would look to add more of those.

I can use ActionScript.

Ok but can you make this rhythm game out of it?

Look, if you can code, please help with the project. Meanwhile, more songs to consider.
Blackened - Metallica
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
That Fire - Black Tide
Under a Serpent Sun - At The Gates
Unseen - The Haunted
Descent Into Madness - Evile
Nostradamus - Judas Priest
Asylum - Disturbed
Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
Saints of Los Angeles - Motley Crue
Bring It - Trapt
Amaryllis - Shinedown
Eyes Wide Open - Staind
Dark Roots of Earth - Testament
Hypnotize - System of a Down
Locust - Machine Head
Dead to Rights - DevilDriver
Breaking All Illusions - Dream Theater
Reckoning - Killswitch Engage
Who’s Life (Is It Anyways?) - Megadeth

Just think over those. If anyone can do art, that would be nice :D
Until then, cheerio!

Oh sh!t!

The only song I know in that ENTIRE list is Nightmare!

DAMN!