djmag Top 100

What are your thoughts on this years list?

[details=Click to expand]1 Hardwell
2 Armin Van Buuren
3 Avicii
4 Tiesto
5 David Guetta
6 Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
7 Nicky Romero
8 Steve Aoki
9 Afrojack
10 Dash Berlin
11 Skrillex
12 Deadmau5
13 Alesso
14 W & W
15 Calvin Harris
16 Nervo
17 Above & Beyond
18 Sebastian Ingrosso
19 Axwell
20 Aly & Fila
21 Markus Schulz
22 Daft Punk
23 Headhunterz
24 Zedd
25 Knife Party
26 Swedish House Mafia
27 Showtek
28 Andrew Rayel
29 Fedde Le Grand
30 Dyro
31 Laidback Luke
32 Paul Van Dyk
33 ATB
34 Angerfist
35 Dada Life
36 Kaskade
37 Frontliner
38 Steve Angello
39 Sander Van Doorn
40 Martin Garrix
41 Porter Robinson
42 Ferry Corsten
43 Chuckie
44 Krewella
45 Coone
46 Carl Cox
47 Bobina
48 Omnia
49 Orjan Nilsen
50 Zatox
51 Gareth Emery
52 Bingo Players
53 Infected Mushroom
54 Eric Prydz
55 Tommy Trash
56 Wildstylez
57 Arty
58 R3hab
59 Madeon
60 Vicetone
61 Brennan Heart
62 DJ Feel
63 Gunz For Hire
64 Diplo
65 Tenishia
66 Noisecontrollers
67 Mike Candys
68 Antoine
69 Quentin Mosimann
70 Project 46
71 Blasterjaxx
72 D-Block & S-te-Fan
73 Dillion Francis
74 Dannic
75 Adaro
76 Richie Hawtin
77 Martin Solveig
78 Felguk
79 Myon and Shane
80 Cosmic Gate
81 Heatbeat
82 John Ocallaghan
83 Wasted Penguinz
84 Tiddey
85 Skazi
86 Da Tweekaz
87 Tenashar
88 Bob Sinclar
89 Benny Benassi
90 Stafford Brothers
91 Bl3nd
92 Paul Oakenfold
93 Mat Zo
94 Diego Miranda
95 DJs From Mars
96 Matt Darey
97 Umek
98 Solarstone
99 Ummet Ozcan
100 Ran-D[/details]

Zedd should be higher. He’s absolutely amazing. Daft Punk too. What the heck?

I enjoyed the fact that project 46 was 100 last year, and is 70 this year. Hopefully they go up another 30 this next year.

Skrillex is one higher on the list than deadmau5. Why am I not surprised?

I voted for both deadmau5 and skrillex. Im sure alot of other people did too.

Why isn’t Vicetone on the list D:<

EDIT: I’m such an idiot. 60 on the list? Awesome :smiley: But I think Porter Robinson and Vicetone Should’ve deserved a higher rank on the list. Just listen to their awesome tracks.

Skrillex should’ve been 1st.

:expressionless:
I don’t know about that. Skrillex is really amazing, but I don’t think he should be number 1. Daft Punk, or Zedd should be number 1 or something.
No offense though. Skrillex is goin a little mainstream, but I still love him. :slight_smile:

Lol. I was joking. But no offence. But I feel like most of deadmau5’s songs are just the same thing, over and over. Like maths and fn pig.

But then there’s songs like professional griefers and closer which have transitions.

3 Likes

Some Chords was an awesome track regardless of repetitiveness.

1 Like

…and THIS is why Vicetone would deserve a higher rank.

Its good, I’ll give you that, but it seems really, really generic. I could probably find five songs on the radio that sound similar to that track.

1 Like

FUCK YEAH HARDWELL #1!!! he well deserves it; weekly podcasts, very active, etc, he easily deserves number 1. A lot of people think armin van buren deserves #1 though

I’m curious to why david guetta is so high and showtek is so low…

And the veldt.

I only have one dm5 album and it’s the insert album title here and it came with bonus tracks.

2 Likes

Professional Greifers… Deadmau5 stepped up his game there…

I’m not exactly glad Tiesto was put at #4, he only had one truly good track (From what I remember, feel free to prove me wrong) and that was chasing summers. I feel like Big Room House is WAY overrated, Tiesto was on the list simply for publicity…

(keep in mind, djmag top 100 was a vote. The masses picked these artists)

I know for a fact Porter Robinson should be higher than 41. I don’t give a shit about popularity when it comes to Porter, PURE QUALITY (Why big room house is overrated)

Skrillex at 11? Eh, I can see that. The second cinema came out he went mainstream. Which is why most people refer to an FM bass as a “Skrillex Style Growl”

Seamless. I know he technically isn’t a DJ, but according to skrillex’s placement, I think seamless should be 12 and Deadmau5 should be 10 or 13 (Depending on what people think)

I find it funny, because according to the amount of 13 year old soundcloud producers (Assuming they/we ever become worth it) i can almost guarantee that 50% of the list in 10 years will be the same age, just because of the numbers.

Overall, I think that popularity played too big of a role this year. Some of the top 10 have quality issues (Personally) and I think if next year quality was the factor of placement, We would see some of the biggest artists drop out of the top 20 (Or the entire list) adn we would see a wave of new producers on the list…

Remember, opinions are mentioned in the preceding text, don’t give me hate, but a debate.

Pleased to see Da Tweekaz and Gunz for Hire on the list. Generally there is a lot of nice names on there but also a lot of names that i don’t care about or haven’t heard of. I would have loved to see Noisia on the list though:(

2 Likes

YES. PUT NOISIA ON THE LIST NAO

I thought >album title goes here< was amazing. Even though I wasn’t as much into deadmau5 as I was before (I was a freak), I still think it was one of his best albums yet. I don’t get why some people think it’s boring. He was definitely transitioning into his old style of music in this one!

ahem

I feel like deadmau5 was always best in a melodic sense.