do you know any kind of learning-book/site about guitar?

hi im new here.i was wondering if someone could recommend me a book about the basics of guitar or a site, or somethin like that.it’s because i already play the piano, but i wanted to have a look at guitars;just to have a more open-minded view of playing instruments.

Hey, I’m learning the guitar too. I use ultimate-guitar.com, it has tabs of a bunch of songs, I don’t know if they teach anything there because I’m teaching myself, but I hope it helps.

I use www.911tabs.com it gives u linkz to all the tab sites prty much or just the good rated ones

there’s a dude named Will Landrum at guitarsconsultant.com that sends tips and techniques by e-mail. IT’S FREE!!!

If you just wanna learn a song quick, go to http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

Thanks for that site Tyberious.
I signed up for it, the advice he gives is pretty useful.

I just got Estabans complete guitar course for Begginers :smiley:

Try this:
12 Tone Music guitar books
If you really want to learn and are willing to pay, buy the Guitar Encyclomedia along with whatever else you want. I take lessons from the guy that writes these books, Mike Overly, and he is amazing. He teaches guitar like nobody else, and his method works! It is so much easier to learn his way than learning every single chord, one at a time. Ask any of his students or former students about him and they will say he is great.
Learn more about Mike Overly

WARNING: If you do get the Guitar Encyclomedia, make sure you start from the beginning of the book and, although it may be tempting not to, read every word! You may feel like you already know what is being said. It doesn’t matter. You still must read everything. If not, you may skip something crucial, even if it is basic.

that’s what I use too

For tabs, I use 911tabs. It is like a search engine dedicated to tabs. It has guitar, bass guitar, drum, piano, guitar pro, and power tabs tabs.

i tried that once because I wanted to arrange I Wanna Rock on Notessimo, but it didn’t have any good tabs (neither did ultimate-guitar for that particular song)

Maybe you should make your own tabs then?

i would but there is one small problem. I can’t play it on guitar, drums, bass, trumpet, or anything (does Guitar Hero count?)

That’s why I use tabs. The End

this post contains yet another heart touching story from fishrocker

Yes that would be a bit of a problem. 8-)

Wait. Why am I crying. I do play those instruments.

just a small problem. You seriously play the guitar, drums, bass, and trumpet? Cool

Yes, I do. I’ve been playing guitar for 3 1/2 years now and have taught myself how to play bass guitar, piano, and drums. Also, I play trumpet in band at my school.

must be hard juggling instruments and THREAD TAKEOVERS!!

Oops, I did it again, didn’t I. Well, we. I think you’re in on this now too, fishrocker.

Wait!! I’m part of the Sandy Witches too? I started the thread to stop the Sandy Witches, but now I’m one of them. DON"T LET FISHROCKER FIND OUT I’M ONE OF THE SANDY WITCHES. HE WILL BEAT ME WITH A PAPER MACHE DUCK!!!

We’re turning the members of Notessimo slowly into Sandy Witch members!! This is gonna be a hell of a problem in the future for me lmao
I also happen to be multi-talented as well. I play drums, guitar and bass. Drums for 3 years, guitar for about 6 months and I’m just learning bass.