Feature Songs MAY 2015

-A user can not nominate a song composed by him/her
-Any nominated song mustn’t be featured before in Notessimo
-Any nominated song mustn’t be nominated before in the current month
-Any user can not have more than three nominated songs each month

topkek

edit: delete this post

1 Like

Star didn’t like that rule, which was why he made a new polling system. Let’s try removing the rule, then.
I nominate “Butter” by knightjumpsqueen, “Cherry” by thatguy and “Anywhere but Here” by The.

My system has too many flaws to continue with it. I’d think if we allowed for songs that had been made since december (around the time my system was implemented), we could go back to only having songs made from the month be eligible.

To be clear, the problem I had with the old system was that it only allowed for one song to be featured in a month, when multiple songs might have also been feature worthy. Of course, the problem with my system was that no songs at all were being featured, which was the opposite of what I intended.

Wait, the old one only allowed for one feature each month? Was that rule even enforced? Anyway, If that was the only flaw with the old system then why don’t we just get rid of that one thing instead of the entire system itself? It feels like the feature system has a broken finger, and this way to fix it is the equivelant of replacing the whole arm with a new one. I am confident in our mods that they can recognize a feature worthy song when they see one. After all, the mods were selected as mods because they are responsible, so I’m convinced that they won’t feature left and right if we allow for multiple features each month. Even if they do end up in a situation where they are in doubt wether or not a song should be featured they have a bunch of other mods + the entire notessimo community who they can ask for their opinion.

I guess I can’t vote all these, then…

[details=Click to expand]A Billion Bodies

Highlander of the Night

Reclamation

Death Waltz

Awakening from Limitation

Double Dubs

[/details]

The way the monthly system works is that all the songs that are nominated are put onto a poll and the song with the most votes is featured. Again, it allows for more songs to get through than my system (not to mention the amount of upkeep required), which is why it’s superior. I’m not sure how we would get rid of the rule without completely changing that system, as it’s not so much how many votes a song gets as it is how much competition it has. My problem with it is that in a month that we get more great releases, only one would be allowed to be featured, and the others, feature-worthy or not, would never have another chance at making it.

I think optimally, we’d have a poll system within the song’s actual page for voting on whether or not a song should be featured. Unfortunately, that system does not exist in the current forum.

I kind of don’t like the “can’t request your own” rule. How about one per user? Anyone is allowed to request other users’ songs as much as they like but only one made by themselves. Maybe this will motivate people to push towards quality and not quantity?

Was that one even implimented? I haven’t seen any polls and there were like 3 features in December alone.I’m talking about the system from before everyone started talking about revising. The one where mods and admins were able to feature songs on the spot and where users could nominate what they wanted when they wanted. That seemed to work okay, and I think we should refine that rather than making a completely new system. Here is what I suggest:

Mods and admins:
If a moderator sees a song that he thinks is worthy of being featured then he should feature it on the spot no matter how many features there has been in the corresponding month. Moderators were chosen because they are responsible and as such I trust that they won’t feature unworthy songs. However, if a mod does find a song that he likes but is in doubt of wether or not it should be featured he can consult the users in the ‘Request a feature’ topic. The users will then be able to throw in their opinion, and if the mod thinks the presented arguments are convincing he can go ahead and feature the song.

Users:
If a user sees a track that he thinks is feature worthy he should ask in the ‘Request a feature’ topic along with a short description of why he thinks the song is feature worthy. The other users and mods can then discuss the track, and if it’s deemed worthy a mod can go ahead and feature it.

Why this system? Because there is no reason to wait for a month for a song to be featured if it’s worthy. Besides, what if one of the feature worthy songs are posted too late to get enough votes and too early to be in the next month’s poll? Do I just don’t post it before the next month? The system I described poses none of these questions. It also requires less work because no polls have to be made, and maintained.

I probably forgot something, but I hope my post made sense regardless.

2 Likes

I like this.This will definitely fix the month-long wait time.

What is missing in composers, it’s motivation, and I honestly do not think a nomination a month can motivate us as much. This needs a better organization because for this blow, May 2015, I did not understand anything.

The featured system is more unstable … The appointment system was not bad, but I see nothing that looks like the nominations, voting sytem. So finally, I quite agree with the idea of Hellstick.

Hmm. The way the older system worked was that there was a moderators-only group where we voted on songs. The minimum requirement was three votes and it got to the point that even that threshold was too high to reach after a while, which led to no songs being featured and the implementation of Fran’s system.

Personally, the only problem I have with Hellstick’s idea is that it’s totally up to moderators to feature songs, and I would prefer turning that responsibility over to the general users. The community here is pretty small, which means that an exploit of the poll system by a single user (i.e. making multiple accounts to vote up your own song) would be fairly easy to catch and punish if necessary.

But you know, I think the only goal we really need to consider is that as many feature-worthy songs are being featured as possible, and maybe just having moderators feature songs as they see fit is the right decision in such a small community as ours. I’m all for it if everyone else agrees with it.

1 Like

The moderators shouldn’t be seen as feature dictators though, but rather as quality control. Users are alowed - and encouraged - to suggest features.

Damn.

In every cloud…

Is this where you wanna be?

http://www.notessimo.net/page/browse/songs.html/_/electronic/other2/travelling-tales-r74595

Does this qualify?

Heh :stuck_out_tongue:

Should we update the thread title?