Generes of music [POLL]

Cuz’ I’m bored…

Say your vote, and put a video of your genre in the comment! (I made it multiple choice so you can pick more than one song to post)

I chose dubstep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfO9bL0vH8k

I could only find a 15 minuet version… (sorry!)

I obviously preffer everything electronic in case you guys hadn’t figured that out yet:P

Here’s some dubstep:

And here’s some “techno” (actually its hands up or trance (or a mixture), but that wasn’t one of the genres provided in the poll:P)

You do have a point Hellstick… :|L

I wasn’t really trying to make a point thoughXD

Although if i were it would look like this:

In all seriousness though, making a complete list of genres is tidious work. Especially if you try to add sub genres too and even more so if you try to define said sub genres (for example i wouldn’t say that drum n bass is a subgenre of dubstep but rather of electronic musc or “techno” as most people unfamilliar with the genre reffer to it as, even though techno is actually a subgenre of electronic music too)
Oh wellz… In conclusion: Your list is fine. Add more points to it if people want you to but dont overdo it… Otherwise youll just end up with a list that have 1000 diffirent options…

2 Likes

Okay, I don’t get the thing with the black square, AND DON’T FACPALM ME FOR AsKING THAT!

Hmmm, the image probably isnt showing correctly on your screen… It’s supposed to be a dot with 4 arrows pointing to it… a “point” if you will:P

Edit: besides, you might want to reconcider your definition of dubstep:P In fact, the the vid you posted have verry little to do with dubstep and is closer to the hard dance scene (hardstyle to be specific). Try looking up artists such as Bioweapons and toneshifterz, Josh n Wezs, and Brennan heart. I think you might like them if you liked the music in the vid you posted:)

Also it’s spelt “genres”.

1 Like

Is “in the Mood” jazz? or swing?

Glenn Miller-In The Mood - YouTube

Queen is rock. so…

Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (Official Video Remastered) - YouTube

Hmmmm… that’s interesting my name is in techno… :)

DnB is not Dubstep.
Industrial isn’t trash cans.
Video Game music is too general.
Only you would pick your music.
Make a legit poll.

1 Like
3 Likes

Also pop is not rock.
Is tango too specific?
Isn’t metal part of rock?
Dubstep, techno and industrial could be under “electronic” (as Hellstick said).
You could put film music in with video game music.
Maybe add easy listening?

I agree with Hellstick, making a list of genres is hard work.

Now I feel like an idiot and I have no idea what music is ;’__’;

Dontcha worry fella. We’re here to learn. We’re simply trying to help you grasp the genres:)

As for nuse: Please do correct me if i’m wrong, but isnt there an industrial kind of rock too?:o Like previously mentioned i pretty much only listen to electronic music, so i might verry well be wrong…

I don’t really know Hellstick, you’re probably right.

Then is this

http://www.notessimo.net/page/browse/songs.html/_/metal-rock/other4/an-amazing-appearance-of-sunlight-r69161

Rock?

(My common sense is tingling again.) Why couldn’t you just use the genres in the Browse page?

8-Bit is called Chiptune or Nintendocore…