*PREVIOUS DUPLICATE* Green Hill Zone Version 5

PREVIOUS SONG WAS OVERWRITTEN WITH THIS SONG. COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS REFLECT THOSE OF THE PREVIOUS SONG. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO UPLOAD NEW SONGS ON THE NEW WEBSITE. GO LOOK AT THE NEW SONG’S PAGE LINKED BELOW TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.*
Sonic 1 Genesis - Green Hill Zone Version 5 (Remastered) by SEGA/Masato Nakamura/Jordan555 - Songs - Notessimo

The final update to my Sonic 1 Green Hill Zone cover from May 2015.
I was finally able to make it true to the original.

Original Genesis rendition:

Edited in V3 Legacy.
Use the built-in web player, the Legacy player or Antonim’s patch in V3 Standard.

Because there is no way I can upload new songs like this, Eye Of The Tiger V3 version was abandoned and overwritten

1 Like

yeesh, those chords tho

2 Likes

I know, it’s freaking hard to figure out. At least I used my older What I’ve Done covers I made in the past to help. Even looked at my old 8-bit What I’ve Done collab with Blarg as reference.

is this a throwback to that time timothy verbist tried to make a cover of this song

I guess yeah…?

WHAT GUITAR SHOULD I USE? I TRIED EVERY SINGLE ONE AND IT DOESN’T MATCH UP…

It’s probably never going to match up. Well, unless Notessimo allows for a 90’s guitar rig VST and some tone slides.

You could try and find samples of the same guitar used in the song, or perhaps you could buy a similar guitar and sample from that, but that usually takes an eternity and nobody on this site has the sanity to actually do that.

1 Like

That comment was about my What I’ve Done cover before I overwrited it to Eye of the Tiger while the uploading was down. And I don’t think it’s entirely necessary to use the sliding and stuff because that could take an eternity for me as well. I’ve tried the overdrive guitar, distorted guitar #2(which was too loud), and clean guitar, but the distorted guitar #1 was about the only one that I could come close with to the original. But thanks for the advice

1 Like

Some notes & Chords are wrong!

You’d be wrong…I looked at Fran5’s cover…I’m still working on it and there’s more fixes to come eventually, but the upload machine is down again.

UPLOADING IS STILL DOWN AS OF 12/22/2017

Actually I’m Fran5 and Little Ferguson :stuck_out_tongue:
Nice!

PS: The chords I’ve used were taken by ear… so might be wrong. I did the cover when I was 15 years old, I didn’t knew much about music theory, but I think those were the best approach

2 Likes

In what Year?

1 Like
  1. Actually was 13, haha
2 Likes

You still did a good job on the cover. I didn’t know you was this young. I’m 18 now but the other songs and covers I had made back then were horrible but the more I learned about music the more accurate my covers were.

I was 16 back then! (but i can’t believe that)

I have uploaded the song to YouTube.