Instruments Suggestion Thread

Hm, never mind about my cowbell request…I guess I should have looked through the Percussion section first. lol

lol, I love when people use SNL jokes in daily speech 8-)

A suggestion to some people, try combining instruments (put strat guitar on E on layer 1, and put piano on E on layer 2 :D) I do it, and sometimes it sounds pretty good :o

1 Like

Mandalin
Voice Box (You could type what it says)
You know those weird drums like the band Daft Punk uses put Techno Drums

And when they sort of hide (I say “blur”) the sound and it gets clearer
(DAft Punk does it too)
Ukulele
Boom Boxs

1 Like

I think you can go to a site and look at sounds that can be long or short.

Look up ‘sound effects’ and try and find the right one, and try to code it in the game(A note for Starburst)

Next one:

Frog croaking

Looks like a frog with an outstreched neck(like they do when they croak)

lasts about a second or two

1 Like

isn’t there an actual instrument that makes that frog croaking sound? it’s kind of like a wooden thing with ridges on the back. (they’re normally shaped like a frog anyway) you rub a stick up and down it and it makes a frog sound, we have several at my school.

Guiro, bubbles

1 Like

SFX - Owl (0:04) and frog croak (0:10) for Mad Monster Mansion… or if anyone has a suggestion of how to do these with the current selection, I’m afraid I don’t have time to exhaustively test the selection for such a minor background effect.

1 Like

techno drums
overdrive guitar
distortion guitar
voice box
crash cymbal
ride cymbal

1 Like

The
“Wah Wah” Trumpet
you know the one that makes the peanut Gang Teacher noise
\lol

1 Like

how about whistling?

1 Like
  1. A metal Guitar That Doesnt Have so much Over Drive (Instead of a 10 on the Amp, a 3 or 5)
  2. The Mario sounds on Mario Paint (or a Forum that tells us what Instrument is each Mario sound)
1 Like

You can reduce the volume of the guitar, and mario paint sounds are pending–I thought we would have gotten them during the first library expansion, but apparently there was a hitch of some kind.

Yeah, thats what I usually do, but then the main Guitar isnt load enough. Any ways, I cant figure out how to use the volume panel. Ive figurd out How to use Pan though. But it seems like when u put it at 50 or 300 it all sounds the same.

Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass, and Contrabass Sarrusophone FTW!!!

1 Like

Like jakejosh said earlier, the tenor and bari saxes seriously sound horrible and really high-pitched. Also the clavinets suffer from the same problem as the trombone and tuba. I am not a fan of the synth and synthesizer samples, cause they sound too Atari 2600-like instead of like the NES or SNES. I do like synthesizer 3, though, and use it oftenly, but it would be nice if it was played at full note lengh. I’m also looking forward to the return of missing instruments from the first notessimo, when 2 is finished. However, there are some nice MIDI instruments that should be added in, such as chorused piano, bright piano, pad 3 polysynth, lead 4 chiff, a bass and lead that sounds like the actual MIDI instrument in treble clef, pad 1 new age, synth drums, electric jazz guitar, muted electric guitar, a good-sounding slap and fingered bass, fretless bass, banjo, harmonica, violin, chello, better synth brass, better brass section, triangle, and cuica. (Man, I hope this doesn’t make me sound like a hipster with all this criticism. )

1 Like

Right, I’m just going to list some things that this thing needs!

Harp
Recorder
Tango Accordion
A MUCH less distorted electric guitar. Man, the distortion on the Metal guitar makes my ears bleed!
Bassoon
Fingered Bass (I don’t know if we already have this actually)
A Crash for the drums! Oh it’d save me loads of time toppling the cymbal, cymbal 2 and open high hat on top of eachother
A Kazoo?
That’s all I can think of atm.
Maybe a few 8-bit synths?

1 Like

The banjo! we need a banjo.

Put the mario ones back in.

really joe… you need to start reading other topics

These forums are too unorganized for that… they confuse me…