Let's Make A Story!

the boy hadnt realized he was being kidnapped, and grabbed a weapon that was nearby.

“Now, kid, I know that you’re scared out of your mind right now, but if you have any inclination to survive the next few hours, or get answers for your questions, you’re gonna have to put that gun down,” the man said calmly.

(can I be the guy?)

“Who are you? What do you want? Where are you taking me?”

“First off, my name is Milligan. Second, I’m here to relocate you to a safer location. That answers your first questions now, so anything else?”

(Eh? How’s that for a surprise?)

As the blazing-blue mini-van came to a stop a loud blast of steam was heard… WOOSH… The boy looked over to see a huge space ship; it looked as though it was getting ready for take-off.

“Uh… Okay then. Slight change of plans: Instead of what I just said, we’re gonna make a run for it. Oh, dear, if only Mr Benedict knew about this…” The man jumped out of the van and started running away from the spaceship, slowly enough to where the boy could catch up to him if he wanted to.

(Okay, here are my options: either I follow the man and try to outrun the spaceship, or attempt to shoot it down with one of the weapons in the van while risking getting shot myself… Meh, I’ll go with Option B.)

Benedict? Have I heard that name before? I shook the thought off and took a rocket launcher, then hopped out of the van.

The man whirls around, pulling out his gun. “Hey, Kid! What do you think you’re doing?!?!” And with that, the man shoots the kid with a tranq gun.

The dart hit me in the shoulder, and I began to feel dizzy and tired. With the last of my strength, I fired the rocket at the ship. The rest was black.

When the boy comes to, he is laying in a bed in a house. A woman, whose yellow clothing and pale yellow skin made her resemble a giant pencil, was arguing with an older man who was wearing a blue striped suit.

(I think we’ve stumbled on the next installment of the MBS)

Where am I? What happened? I looked around the house.

The boy’s eye settles on the door, which is open just a bit. A figure can be seen staring through the crack. It waves at the boy before disappearing. “… and furthermore, Milligan said he showed aggressive tendencies before he was knocked out!” the pencil woman says, scarfing a pack of crackers. “I don’t think he’ll be a good influence on Kate, or any of the others for that matter”.

(I have much of this already in my brain)

What others? What are they talking about? I listened discreetly to their conversation.

“Number Two, you must get a hold of yourself,” the man said. His nose is really big, the boy thought as he listened. “Sorry, my blood sugar’s low,” the pencil woman said. She pulled out an apple and started munching on it. The two of them turned towards the desk on the opposite side of the room as the door.

I tried to widen the crack just a little bit, to see the rest of the room.

The door silently opened up to a hallway.

And at the end of the long, narrow hallway, was something that gave me the chills when I saw it: Milligan had captured my mother, too, and he was just about to pull the trigger of his gun pointed at her head.

(Plot twist!)

(I hate plot twists.)

I charged and tackled Milligan, causing him to drop his gun; it slid across the floor. We both snapped to the gun. Then I found myself being thrown aside by Milligan as he rushed to his feet and started after the gun.

He pointed the gun at the side of my head at the temple. I thought it was all over until my mother grabbed Milligan’s tranquil gun from his back pocket and shot him. He fell to the floor unconscious.

The boy and mother stood watching as Milligan fell slowly to the floor; his mother, Julie, stared at her son; the boy stared at his mother for a few seconds that seemed ages. Then they ran at each other and the boy jumped into his mother’s arms…