Marching Band Show Tunes & Cadences!

does winter percussion count as “Marching Band”?

Not sure what you’re talking about. Clarify.

it is exactly as it sounds… percussion in the winter, there is marching, standstill, etc but no “drum major” and only percussion

Well it is indisputable that if there’s marching with -music- involved, it should be deemed as a marching band.

However, you must keep in mind that marching band is a generalisation of smaller entities. Example: Exclusive Drum & Bugle Corp, Drum and Fife, etc. etc.

So, if I were you, I’d refer “winter percussion” as a branch of a Drum Corp.

EDIT: I apologise for double posting… Please delete above post if necessary.

theres already a marching thread, what should i do!?!?!

Prior to this thread? Or recently? Is it about marching band notessimo files? Is it more popular than this thread? etc. etc.

Explain man!

ok, made first less popular and ill either delete or lock it with a few oks. nothing important was there so.
Tell me what i should do!!

I don’t have proper jurisdiction to direct your action. However, I can tell you that one of your fellow Moderators had taken the liberty of directing my thread as a proper place to post Marching Band-esque notessimo files.

It is unequivocal that my thread should be the only existing thread for this genre of notessimo files.

Here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295

On Topic: Don’t be shy everybody, I know you’ve heard some great music from your high school marching band!

C’mon and post 'em!

ok all done! plus knight, too many big words!

Anyways, I’m stuck on my Santa’s Parade file… I don’t really have the guts to screw it up unintentionally by guessing what sounds come out of the instrument.

I really wish I had access to sheet music (other than my own). This is so frustrating, lol.

I need help … If someone can locate an area where I can access this sheet music FOE FREE, then I will love ya long time.

I decided to have a crack at making a march. I can’t program a decent tom, though, it always sounds like balloons popping. Other than that and the varying saxophones (other than the alto sax, they all sound like crap) I think I included every instrument. Bear in mind, it isn’t complete.

?id=22357

good so far!

Well, it’s safe to say you’re much better than me at configuring instruments.

Although for percussion, I’d suggest you vary the sound levels on each beat (depending on the beat) to instill realism. (See my cadences for an example)
I see you have varying single stroke rolls; Make them double stroke, and it will sound much better. (Cadences have this example)

For the bass drums, I don’t know your preference for bass drums, but those are way too high. And when you hit a bass drum at 100%+, The sound should remain for a whole note. More natural and realistic that way.

Other than that, awesome instrument configuration, when I do that stuff, it ends up sounding crappy, and I need to do this and that ugh just annoying.

I’d also like to thank you keeping my thread alive by posting your muz!! When you’re finished, I’ll take the liberty of adding it to the OP so more people can view your works. Keep up the good work, man!

Well, there is the fact that you can muffle the bass drum so that the volume is the same and it just doesn’t echo. You can add things like that in for realism as well just not only that.

400!

do you think that this fits the topic?

edit: added more to it

great! make it longer!

Well… That was… unique.

NEW NIGHT WATCH MOVEMENT III (opening measures):

Roughly my final draft. I would add more measures, but I don’t have all the music for it. Enjoy.

Please submit your marching band-(esque) works to keep this thread alive and about. I know many of you are in marching band too.

AREA 51

viewtopic.php?f=76652&t=74656

1 out of 4 cadences i made

http://www.notessimo.net/page/browse/songs.html/_/notessimo2/buck-pro-r68382