MPG - Mayday (W0lfe Remix) by MPG (arr. W0lfe)

An orchestral rock remix of one of my friend’s songs.

Original: - YouTube
(also, quick shoutout to MPG, he not only makes amazing music like this, but also makes hilarious game reviews. I’d highly suggest checking out his channel!)

5 Likes

If this is a finished song, gotta say it’s pretty bland.
Firstly, the same melody is given over so many times without a proper countermelody, adding on over and over. It’s built like an electronic song, tries to be a rock song, and overall has no real good feel to it.
The drums are incredibly boring as there’s no volume dynamics within in, causing it to drone on.
The electric guitar later, which tries to countermelody, has no girth to it (no bass), while the melody itself is built around it, struggles and ultimately fails to add to the overall song.
The synth at the end of each line is more of an annoyance than an addition to the melody line. I can see where you were going with it – trying to make a call-and-response type effect. But it’s far overused and should have the fade off removed from it.
The intro makes no sense. I didn’t even like the original’s intro, but it was worse in this remix.
Overall, it’s a piece where the melody drones off like 20 times and goes absolutely nowhere, then random instruments are added in octaves (for no particular reason) and finally after this build of a melody an electric guitar attempts to counter and outro, but is just as boring as the original melody itself.
3/10. Below Average. (My scores are now out of 10. A 5 is average.)

5 Likes

Okay, I can respect that. It’s probably bland due to it originally being a chiptune song, but that’s just an opinion. I did technically work on this for about 6 hours (including yesterday), so maybe something went off in that timeframe. But, I will use this review to improve. Thanks for reviewing!

1 Like

s

I thought it was good. it was repetitive, but I thought it was good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

krawkyz stop bagging on everyone for no reason

you suck you harsh butt

this song is awesome

It’s called constructive criticism.

I agree with Krawkyz. The melody needs to be extended into a longer, more interesting melody.

without good criticism there won’t be much improvement, and i’m pretty sure he doesn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings when he critiques

4 Likes

this melody is catchy enough on its own

it isn’t one of those kind of songs

i think he’s joking. He’s referencing a post I made in notessimates

ahhh got it