My song isn't showing up!

I just published my first song, an unfinished version of “Rainbow Tylenol”. What’s bothering me is the fact that nothing will come up. It’s as if I published an empty two-second note spectrum (the default note spectrum that comes up every time you open the compose tab.) I uploaded a .NOTE file with the song in it and did the rest of the publishing steps and everything, but the song isn’t working. Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

1 Like

Are you sure you uploaded it in the “File” section and not the “Background” section?

Yes, I’m sure. The background is there, the song isn’t playing. Let me check again though.

Yep, I did it right. I uploaded the background file in the background spot, and the song in the song spot. The background is there, but the two-second note spectrum is still the only thing that comes up. I even tried to listen to my song again, like you said to in the reply to my status, but that didn’t work either.

Did you save it as “.note” or “.NOTE”? You should have typed it in the file’s name.

I saved it as a .NOTE file (all uppercase letters.)

EDIT: The file name was actually just “RainbowTylenol”, without a typed .NOTE extension. My computer said that it would save the file as a .NOTE file automatically, though, so that must have been where I tripped up.

It has to be lowercase. File names are case-sensitive.

No, it doesn’t. I’ve uploaded files without a file extension.

Try deleting the file and saving a new one.

Thanks, Nuse! I did that, and it worked! (It still says that it’s two seconds long, but then if you click play the length changes to sixteen seconds).

That’s good!