One more that I will spend with you.
This moment- do you feel it too?

Chorus:

(Firelust) Find your soul in the dark
(Firelust) Burning bright, evermore
(Firelust) And send away your doubts
(Final Moment) Now, do you feel at home? / It’s time for you to come home

Woo, new website.

This is one of those cases where I could probably spend the next year tweaking this song in the editor, but I don’t think it would get better; it would just be different based on how I’m feeling that day.

The intro to this song was so long I just called it a different song. The song name for the first part is meant as a proper noun. I know how to spell ocarina. The song title is not ocarina.

I have this obsession with the idea of someone that is immortal falling in love with someone who is not. “Firelust” is the image of someone falling in love with fire, and every time they touch it, they get burned, but they keep on trying anyways, believing that maybe one day it won’t burn anymore. I didn’t really get to work that into the lyrics, since the song was already over 11 minutes when I finished it, but that was the idea behind the title.

I do hope lyrics work in the new thing. Otherwise this is going to be a very strange experience to listen to. For this song, I wrote the lyrics by just opening a notepad and writing down a story while paying no mind to rhyme or rhythm. The end result is bizarre and a little off-putting, but I think that fits the song well.

…Welp, lyrics are a bust, so, I sure hope the description here doesn’t have a character limit.

p.s. This song is not just an elaborate excuse to have 3 banjo solos in a heavy metal track. I swear.

-The Arcanist

2 Likes

A banjo can’t play that high.

It just did though.

Such an awesome masterpiece! It inspired me to finish the lyrics feature on the new player, just did an update it should now appears by default.

Really good job!!!

F I R E L U S T (got it stuck in my head now!)

fire elmo GIF

That’s because the sample playback is being sped up which results in higher pitches. For a real physical banjo these pitches are way out of range. Keeping in mind instrument range, register, and playability is important for writing music that sounds authentic and practical. If you ever intend for real musician to play your music these three are even more important so your music is possible to perform.

Making your music sound authentic or humanly or as if it is being played by a real human tends to make your music sound better. This is why having slight variations in timing and velocity can make your music sound more natural and better.
Honestly, the banjo just sounds poorly composed in this song because of how high it is. It just sounds so thin and shrill.

I had no personal issue with the banjo here.

Interesting discourse about the banjo, honestly. I personally liked the way the banjo sounded in this song, because it had a little more punch to it than the Shamisen, and my original compositions for those parts used a “Pipa” in GarageBand, which doesn’t exist in Notessimo.

I try to make my songs sound accurate to the instruments that they use, but I also have to take creative liberties sometimes. Thanks for the feedback, anyways, I always appreciate it.

1 Like

Creative liberty > realism.

1 Like