Sweet Home Alabama 2.0 Remastered, Work in progress by Jordan555/Lynyrd Skynyrd

USE V2 REMASTER

Latest update: Choir parts in the 2nd guitar solo have been added by ear. Piano Solo and the rest of the vocals will be done before Easter if time allows. I found in the Samples section in the Legacy edition that you can change the sound of an existing instrument to whatever you want! How neat.

UPLOADING IS STILL DOWN AS OF FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2018, 8:00 PM.
ORIGINAL SONG by Lynyrd Skynyrd here.

Link to the MIDI file (from Gary’s MIDI paradise) I used for reference.(I copied the link address straight from the ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ link)
Mixcraft 8 was used to look at the MIDI.

Sweet Home Alabama – HDpiano (Must sign up for a free trial to access all parts of the song)

3 Likes

I’ve put a lot more work in this since the server came down.

I think the Strat riff on bar 4 would sound more accurate if the first three notes were a step lower. Other than that, it’s a good arrangement.

2 Likes

I appreciate that. I used a MIDI file and it is as accurate as it is though.
Also you didn’t mention what sheet.

I need to get some ratings and see if the moderators like this. And hopefully I’ll get it featured
I also need criticism on what I should use for the vocals. I’m thinking the Male Vox #1 or the Alto Sax #1.

Bar 4, as in, when looking at the player only. I would think that part applies to all sheets that use that riff, since it appears so often throughout the song.

2 Likes

That would take another week for me to fix after I add the vocals, unless V3 allows you to edit individual sheets at the same time and have them updated in real-time.

i made cover too in v3… gotta wait for the uploading error to go away though :confused:

1 Like

Let’s do a Collab! I work on yours, you work on mine.

Expected date for the uploading to come back up would be Thanksgiving I suppose.

100 LISTENS!!! THANK YOU!!!

Has to be featured!

1 Like

Been waiting to hear that! Like I said before, it’s a work in progress though. Instrument changes are planned for the next update so this isn’t going to be the final arrangement.
What can I do to make the newer version better? I needed criticism.

Strat guitar is in the left channel, Electric guitar #1 on the right, and Clean electric guitar and all the others are in the center pan.

1 Like

Try this!

Exact same thing I said.