The new player

Got some of the bugs fixed, mainly volume / panning issues. Can anyone confirm they works now? Also trying to fix the out of tune instruments, if anyone could make more song like carrot’s one but with only one instrument at a time, that would be great for debug.

Also return of the Notessimo BBCode, simply use

URL

Or you can paste the plain url

8 Likes

Phones are very difficult to maneuver.

Bass #1 and Drum Loop are fixed.

TODO

• Acoustic Guitar #1 (Out of tune)
  • Acoustic Bass #1 (Out of tune)
  • Strings #3 (Out of tune)
  • open hi hat #2 (Sound horrible)
  • Flutes (Out of tune)
  • Repeat (no sound)
  • Measure lines on some songs

Anything else?

2 Likes

There was a glitch I found, it sometimes ear-rapes me.

Yes, kind of like a feedback, it can happens when there is some lag or two player are playing at the same time, will investigate…

'ppreciate it, doc.

-_- There is no Acoustic Bass #1. It’s just I made a typo so then Hellstick copied it. In reality, I meant Acoustic Guitar #1. Sorry for the confusion.

Fixed background position / ratio.

1 Like

I noticed one bug after a song repeats the 2nd repetition is not played but the 3rd onward is played.

yea me too

Oh my gosh yes.

I was hanging out at my friends showing them how cool the new player is, and then zzzzzzzzzz

my gosh it was flipping hilarious.

It happens quite often on my computer (I guess that just means my computer sucks?), but usually it’s not that bad. But there was this one time when it was extreeeeemely loud. It lagged a full 5 seconds and then ZZZZZZZZZZZHZZZZZHZZZHZHZHZZZZHZZZZ! It was probably about as loud as Metal Guitar #1 at 600% volume. I pretty much flipped out of my chair.

2 Likes

I hate it when that happens. Scares me right out of my headphones.

Is it just me or does the Acoustic Guitar #1 sound a little bit better? Either that or I just got used to the terrible sound.

Weird bug I found. When you scroll with the mouse while listening to a song it laggs like crazy. but when you just grab the sliding bar (on the side of your screen) and “drag” it, to get to a higher or lower part of the screen… It works fine. Whats with that? Or is it just my old comp?

Funny. For me, it usually happens after adjusting the volume.

You’re getting used to it.

Oh no. I think that’s a bad thing.

EDIT: I found another out of tune instrument; the Electric Guitar #1. jayjayjay says it’s almost half a step out of tune.

Example:

1 Like

The player sometimes goes mute 5 seconds into the song.

On the upside, the lag is a little more subtle.

2 Likes

oh yeah. for me sometimes, it plays the song once, but is silent the next time it plays and then the time after that I can hear the music again

I hope the intonation for every instrument is fixed this time. In v2, the following were noticeably out of tune:

Flat:
Guitar Electric #1
Damant Spectrum (!)
Pizzicato #1
Clavinet #1
Rock Organ #1
Trumpet #2
Flute #1

Sharp:
Acoustic Guitar #1
Clean Electric Guitar (after half a second)
Bass #1 (!)
Synth Bass #1 (!)
Synth Bass #2 (!)
Strings #1
Grand Piano #1
Low Piano #1 (after a second)
Rhodes #1 (after a second)
Synth #1 (!)
Synth #2 (!)
Synthesizer #2
Triangle Wave #1 (!)
Trumpet #1 (!)
Piccolo Trumpet (!)
Soprano Sax #1 (!)
Bass Clarinet #1 (after a second)

This made some instruments almost unusable.

Also, I hope that Bass #4’s length is increased (in v2, it cuts off after only about 1 second at middle C).

2 Likes

What are the (!) supposed to mean?