Unfinished Songs / Demos

I totally thought Mephisto’s Dance was going to be like, a remix of Mesphito’s Waltz. :mrgreen:

But good song BTW Hellstick.

I’ve also noticed with most of Hellstick’s song, the entire song is the chorus really. In Get Hammered All it really is is the parts of the chorus over and over. It’s still good, but it really needs a verse: something different.
The song sounds good so far (use only 2 sheet 7’s by the way), and it has some good potential.
Add some verses in it this time :mrgreen:

I make electronic music though (what you guys would reffer to as techno) and most of you guys make rock. The way a rock track is structured is completely different from the way an electronical music track is structured. Experimenting with rock structure for a techno track is not a bad thing, but its not normal in electronic music:P

In the electronic music i listen to - and that i make for that matter - theres usually not any singing in it…
Usually there is an intro, a build up, a break down, then the “first climax”, then a break with a secondary melody for variation, then a the “second climax”, which is basically the same as the first one, except with improvements to make it seam like the “true climax” of the song.

Im all in for experimenting, but all im saying is that my way of structuring my music is justified by the genre i make + my influences:P

So you’ve listened to our collab?

I suddenly got this idea for an - in my opinion - epic melody…
So i made it and it turned out awesomeXD

I should probably raise the volume on the horns a bit:P

That was amazing. Actually I like the low volume, makes you listen closer and gives you an opportunity to build up on it but whatever, my opinion hardly counts.

Why wouldnt your opinion count?

Because, he’s Muse

Here is the first part of Aerials by System of a Down, I stopped before it goes back to clean guitar, and I probably will finish this because I’m relatively far into it. It might not be 100% accurate, but it’s close.

i’ve been trying to create an orchestrated piece that transitions into a techno/orchestra song…
here it is so far- ?id=58281
so far the problems I am aware of are:

1. the beggining doesn’t feel powerful and energetic enough and feels pretty empty
  2. I need to make the chords in the beggining powerful
  3. the strings #1 part in sheet 1 is off
  4. there are volume issues in sheet 1 that are getting taken care of
    I would be happy if you were to point out anymore problems.

Felt like experimenting with simple stuff and this is what I got so far.

@The: Sounds like a fairly alright cover. The opening and closing were a little weird in my opinion, and I would’ve extended a few of the cymbal crashes, but the guitars are pretty great.
@MrTeddy: Reminds me of a lot of RPG themes. At least in the beginning. The change was fairly abrupt and sounds weird when it arrives. Maybe there’s too much clash with some of the instruments.
@Hellstick: Interesting. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

I was looking for a change in instruments that would get the attention from the listener. Also, I wanted something that the listener would not expect with the way the song was going, guess it wont work like that.As for the clashing between instruments… Ill try to fix that. I like your song so far, hope you introduce a melody into it.

Because I wouldn’t want to ruin your work. Just keep doing what you normally do.

Eluth: I know you probably what you wanted but it’s kinda empty and the lack of a background kinda makes it drone on.

Figuring out what to add to it is the biggest problem. What do you think would fit?

I think it- whatever it is -would be best incorporated in sheet 1 at first, then altered in sheet two to probably have a more significant role.

Your song is okay, but truly there isn’t that much to it. I didn’t hear anything special, and I felt the intro should be cut down a bit.
All I heard was the same thing over and over…
If your acoustics are going to be your bass, I wouldn’t suggest it.
Lower Fade In’s Really are not good, and I’ve said it before to cartrox1 with his Ghosts N Stuff song. Don’t use very low ones.

Most of its okay, but truly what I would do to one of those songs is dump the idea and find another. That’s me though.

Agreed, except for the last part.

Yeah, I got kind of bored…

I’m mostly just trying to figure out what to add in and take out and what to emphasize. The acoustic isn’t the bass, but it isn’t the lead either; it’s more like something that’s just supposed to be in the background. In any case, I try to extend these types of ideas because they’re a feeling from the time I started throwing stuff together in notessimo- hence the repetition and the elaboration to come.

That said, does anyone have suggestions of what to put in? I’ve considered taking out the fade in for awhile now. Think I’ll do so.

@GuitarMania: Interesting idea you have going there, though the changes are too sudden.

What y’ know 'bout sports?!

Edit- Just realized that notessimo changed some of the notes i placed - AGAIN! :’(

The transition to sheets 7-8-9-8 was much cleaner this time, good job.

I have a hard time believing this isn’t a rock theme. Sure, the drumming is fast and odd enough to be techno, but the combination of the metal guitar, male vox, and strings (of any sort) all suggest rock, even heavy rock. And because the Nice has become a trademark of yours, it’s more of an expected thing, which means it has less impact on the actual song. Besides, it’s just a background instrument, whereas you are clearly trying to dazzle us with your incredible drumming. The grind in the beginning is exactly that, grind. This leads to a more experimental feel overall, but also leads to a much heavier feel. The use of toms isn’t common in techno music. And I’ll be darned if the great transition in sheets 10-11-12-13 is heavy rock. In essence, the only slightly electronic thing in this whole song is the orchestral hit, and that plays such a small role in moving the song along that it isn’t even a background instrument.

Okay now that we’ve sorted out the genre of this song, I wanted to say the same about your acclaimed song, “Get Hammered.” This song is much more electronic than this song, however I would still label it as being at least a techno/rock mix. Sure, the beginning drums are definitely techno. But once the bass comes in, the drums kick into a much heavier beat, and even though the bass you choose can be used for techno, it is used in such a way to make it heavy and more rock-ish. Again, present in that riff is a small techno aspect (this time an actual synthesizer) that doesn’t play a huge role other than as a transition. However, because it is so much faster, I can say it has the right elements of a techno song, but it just doesn’t feel like one.

Obviously, the genre you place a song into has no actual effect on the quality of the songs, I have no doubt that these two will be on the featured list for a while. The only real reason for stating these is that you claimed to be a techno artist, but while you have a lot of technical skill, your work is hardly techno. Compare yourself to Karo. Both you two are great composers (although I would rank you above him), but his work is definitely techno. Again, this wasn’t really intended as insult, it’s just me over-analyzing everything. Keep up the good work.

PRO TIP: If you don’t see a Sharp or Flat sign appear next to the note when you place it as either, Notessimo will not save that the note was placed as a sharp or flat. This is only present on the four notes that have actual notes for sharps or flats (B and E have C and F for sharps instead of B# or E#, and C and F have B and E as flats instead of Cb and Fb. Note that while you can technically call them that, properly they should just be the actual note). So while it is possible to place a B#, E#, Cb, and Fb in Notessimo, it will save them as being the regular notes (meaning whether you save and reload the song, or share it). To avoid this, simply place these notes as they are originally intended, B# on C, etc.