Unfinished Songs / Demos

I’m Trying To Make Speed Metal. AND IT’S HARD!!!

not the speed part, the metal. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE ROCK! I NEEEEED METAL!!!

Uranium by StarWars [XD]
Stratofortress by Stratovarius (arr. by DC)
To Eloquently Splatter Upon the Face of Modulation by DC/Hypo
There is some good examples for ya!

Don’t forget Speed of Light! :3

=O I hadn’t listened to those songs before (except TESUTFOM)
Another example for metal: Revocation of Self (its heavy metal not speed metal but since it was the metal aspect you were having trouble with here is an example)

Revocation is probably the closest we’ll ever get to real metal on here, which is sad because it is a decent enough deviation from the normal stuff we get to try it out. The problem is that writing metal seems to be just taking a normal riff and adding a ton of 16th notes in between the actual chords, which doesn’t work on here.

Actually, Revocation of Self does a superb job, but at the same time it also sounds just like Ixsetf’s style, he always seemed to steal riffs, even if it wasn’t on purpose. Maybe that’s a bit harsh. What I mean is that every time I heard one of his songs, I could swear I heard it somewhere else. He needed something more original and unique, which was his downfall.

I’m pretty surprised anyone still remembers Uranium. It’s not even a good song, and it has the same problem I stated above. How great would that riff have been in a Rock song without the unnecessary 16th notes.

I guess I’ll throw my ring into the hat with another metal example my song The Epic

It won’t be the only one for long…did i mention ix is back?
I did notice that there was a raining blood riff in the middle of the song…(either that or it was very similar to it…
Uranium was a great song but it was a little repetitive…
(i am very biased to metal though…)

QVX I was trying to make a big surprise anyway, yeah I get what you mean star, sometimes I have a hard time coming up with original stuff, so I often refer back to some cliches like root tritone 5th, and that DUM dum dum DUM dum dum DUM dum rhythm, I don’t steal riffs, I am sometimes just too generic.

Truthfully, I don’t enjoy listening to metal. Unless it’s the light-speed metal where there’s little repetition and a Epic solo (Round and Round - Ratt) and some good singing to it. The reason I don’t enjoy metal well is because since metal is heavy, it puts my ears in a lockdown (as in where I go “AHHHH I CAN’T LISTEN TO THIS ANYMORE”). If anything, I would pick Regular Rock over metal any day.

Still, most of those riffs your talking about; yah, they weren’t that great originally.

Here’s some amazing light-ish metal for you to listen to.
Battlefield
Sacred Worlds

Y’know what? Just listen to almost every Blind Guardian song.

Nobody said anything about sandal’s song…

tritones my friend, tritones and powerchords are over half of metal

Yes! wat style of metal is that band?
I love TURISAS(Viking Metal)

I believe it’s called “symphonic power metal” or something like that. Whatever it is, it’s amazing.

Have you seen the browse page recently?? Death Throne is 7th on the list…People already knew
Also, the Epic was a good song just some of the transitions were a tad abrupt…
I will listen to all the other songs posted when i get home…

Ya…

I have got a little demo of Barbra Streisand (Duck Sauce) and I’m Arranging Can You Feel the love Tonight
And so I have arranged with a lot of precision 4’33’’ by John Cage

I tried to make that but I gave up after the first movement.

I’m voting for you as president.

Was hard, but after lot of hours I’ve founded the “background” noises
I still need to make the “Changing sheets” noise, between 1st and 2nd movement

I’m not entirely sure this is rock yet (it could all change! It could all change!) but this is just some random musical fart that came out while minecraft.net was down:

I doubt much’ll come of it 'cause I’m so busy, plus I have a collab I need to work on for QVX, but it was fun making something tangible in notessimo after quite a long period of impotence.

EDIT: Sorry, put it in random songs when I should’ve put it here. Mah bad!