Video game addictions

Who else hates video game addictions? I bet none of you truly have it like mine…

What I’m talking about is when you sell/get rid of a game and then get obsessed about that game years later, even though you know you don’t truly care about it…

1. a few years ago…

Pokemon Silver

Yes, I am talking about the old Pokemon games. I had sold my Pokemon Silver when I was 6, and about the time the obsession started I was in middle school. Thanks to my evil little addiction, I went crazy and sold a lot of things just to get Pokemon Silver. I actually sold my SNES and my 30+ games for $10… Those special games I had would have easily made the package worth $300 or more on E-bay, but I wasn’t willing to wait that long for them to sell. I was literally crying just because I didn’t have that Pokemon game. I wouldn’t even accept Pokemon Gold.
Finding Pokemon silver to buy at a store took me YEARS. I mean that literally. That means that my crazed obsessions did not go away. Never. Ever. I really went crazy, never leaving the computer except for the essential things to live (and school) until I found it. I probably created a new ocean from all my tears.
I sadly did not know about emulation at that moment in time.
P.S. The game didn’t even save when I finally got it…

1. Present Day

Kingdom Hearts

You might want to check what I just wrote again, and again, to make sure you read it write. Kingdom Hearts? YES, KINGDOM HEARTS! What the heck is wrong with me! Some stupid Disney game… And guess what I’m going to do? I am about to sell everything, I mean everything, I have just to buy it… I don’t want it! But no, my messed up brain will, as has been proven in the past, sell everything in return for little to nothing. I got this game in 3rd grade! And now my brain tells me I cant live without a kid’s game!THAT’S NOT FAIR!!! I do not want this stupid game! It might be originally based on final fantasy, but I remember playing it, and it was nothing of the sort!

I also had a obsession over Army men RTS between the two, but I wont talk about that one (thank you torrents!)

Now I have had other people in other topics not believe me when I said I was depressed… This would be the main reason why… I play games all the time and still my brain tells me I haven’t had enough…

I hate video game addictions. Now excuse me (and my messed up brain) while I go sulk in a corner.

i never really have this problem. i try to make a point not to buy anything i’m not fairly sure i’m gonna like, and i hold on to all my games as long as possible.

i still have my copy of the original tetris, even.

That is why you just download ROMS and VisualBoyAdvance, but then again, Silver was and still is my favorite Pokemon game.

I guess you forgot to read the part when he said he did not know about emulation. But you cannot go wrong with Pokemon Silver.

Yeah the johto region was my favorite by far. I had gold and crystal, is there something about silver that makes it better than both of those?

@Skycakes: I still have my copy of these games for the GameBoy color: Tertris, Metroid II:Return of Samus, Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Pokemon blue. Or i would, but i recently sold my GBA SP, so now I can no longer play any of them. " sobs quietly " At the time, I never knew i had such great classics in my hands at the time (I was about 8). I’m just glad I kept my copy of metroid: Zero mission, as it has an unlocked version of the original Metroid for the NES, which means it has the full version, plus the ability to save anywhere. Love it! But now I’m into FPS games, so I also loved Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Silver had some better exclusive pokemon and it also had delibird which i thought was cool

even though i though it only had one attack though ROFL

My obssession is of Pokemon : Mystery Dungeon, bought it twice, lost it twice, got the emulator
NOTHING LIKE YOURS THOUGH…that is just sick…i love the snes…i would have never sold them

Well i can get Delibird on D/P/P so yeah. Ironically the christmas me and my brother got our ds lites (either two or three years ago) my Mom got Mystery Dungeon Red. she didn’t know there was one for ds, which sucks for me. I thought those would be cool, but I’d rather get Ranger first. Speaking of games that aren’t in the main set of Pokemon, has anyone gotten Pokemon Rumble? It’s a wiiware title that has a demo version out, which I got. it was a lot of fun to play with friends, however i never got to try out Battle royal, because that’s where the demo stops.

I just downloaded Final Fantasy VII onto my PS3. I’m addicted yet again. It was well worth the $10.

I’m thinking of doing that too, but idk if my parents would let me.

I have nothing to put here. Could a mod delete this?

I got the dsi xl and spirit tracks and have been playing amost non-stop.

Basically the only game im addicted to right now is Notessimo…and GH (somewhat…)

DAMN YOU MINECRAFT!!!

Lol.

Definatly

Game addiction? Never.

ya never…

same here… I hate you fireball…

Yup, same here… Fireball, I’m gonna set you on fire! Wait…

me and a friend were playing assasins creed 2 and we were on the roofs at venice. The guard yells “youre not getting far!” and jumps off the roof and dies