What was it like...

that proxy doesn’t work here…

I saw it. It was very silly. There was a thing where I could type in an address (url) for some google thingy.

[http://files.adbrite.com/httpads/alexa_ ... essimo.net](http://files.adbrite.com/httpads/alexa_thumbnail.php?url=notessimo.net)

Found it. It’s really small, though.

I HAVE INFORMATION RELEVANT TO THIS DISCUSSION.

Gather 'round, children, and hear the tale of dana stack and the bringer of darkness.

A long, long time ago, not long after the fledgling Notessimo 2 forum came into being, there arose a user of average skill recreating one of the most emo-ish of emo songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. This bringer of darkness’s name is still spoken with hushed voices by those that remember those dire days of old. Corbyn flooded our humble browse page with “What I’ve Done,” and there was much lament and crying and gnashing of teeth. Dark were those days of old.
As the people could endure no more, as their spirits were crushed into dust by Linkin Park’s incredible ability to convey their raw, depressing emotion (amplified 10 fold by the bringer of darkness’s fantastic rendition) a champion arose to fight for our humble forum. A voice of pure goodness. Ironically, this champion merely took the bringer of darkness’s song and pasted his/her name on it. The great dana stack, champion of Notessimo 2, enraged the bringer of darkness with this cunning tactic.
Little is know about the great dana stack, including gender, but as this hero drew his/her righteous sword of plagiarism, there was much rejoicing and the people’s spirit, though still crushed by the pure art of Linkin Park, cried out to the great dana stack for revenge on the bringer of darkness. dana stack obliged them, mercilessly copying the bringer of darkness’s every song, until the villain could bare it no longer. An epic flame war followed.
Few records remain from those chaotic times, there was much carnage and confusion in the wake of these warring titans. The only reliable records are locked away in the minds of those that survived through the fire and flames, waiting for the day that the bringer of darkness threatens our humble forum no longer. Song after song was shared, each blow emitting massive shock waves, disrupting the integrity of the very source code of our land. The word ‘fag’ was to to such an extent that few who survived through the horror can even remember its original meaning (it’s some kind of food item right?).
As the virtual smoke cleared, the champion dana stack lay slain, sacrificing him/herself for the good of our humble forum. The bringer of darkness yet lived! But he was severely injured in the monumental struggle. As the people mourned their fallen protector, he limped away into the shadows. His whereabouts are unknown, many believing he was vanquished, many more now unaware of his existence, and very few watching the gates for the return of the bringer of darkness. June 1st, 2009 will be the first anniversary of the fall of the protector of Notessimo 2, dana stack day. The watchers fear the return of the bringer of darkness, and the return of the horrible massacres and more importantly, the return of Linkin Park to our immaculate browse page. As that day approaches, the watchers… watch, and wait and prepare for another war of flame.

True story.

Here’s the picture, it was the only one I could salvage from the flames.

June 1st is my brother’s birthday.

And the day after mine…
AND, I have made a What I’ve Done cover!
Could I be…

A very interesting tale. I joined after June 1st, so I have no knowledge of this Corbyn or dana stack.

i can’t remember if i joined before or after, but i haven’t been on here regularly since i joined so if it was before, i probably missed it.
edit: i joined after. by about 2 months.

I missed it by 2 months, too!Crap!

Anyways, do you remember the days where the background for the forums was white?
Those were good times…

lol honestly i hated dana stack, she stole like 5 of my songs and kept doing it.

AND SUDDENLY

THIS THREAD GOT INTERESTING.

Doing the songs?

well, i would make my songs and then dana stack would take every song that was mine and she put the composer at herself. This was a LONG time ago, and i realize i was very immature for getting very pissed and the unnecessary language.

Well I’m sure anybody would get angry if that happened.

yeah but i still feel terrible about myself on this site years ago.

Unknowned got pretty pissed when his songs were stolen. He had every right and probably would have had to make up a new curse word to express how he felt.

haha yay im not the only one! :twisted:

I remember when…ummmmm…

oh ya when you could actually click play :twisted:
i wasn’t a user at the time tho

I liked how at that time it told you how to do things like sharps and flats

I remember when the forum wore a white color. To be honest, I kinda like that one more than the Nightmare and Nightmare [Beta].

I remember when there was this share bug for a few weeks. Back in the day.