A Day in the Life of StarWars

Hey guys I finally decided to get my own thread away from my thread, here in the overly spammed General Section (yes I’m looking at you Muse, Guitarskills, and Slip). Anywho, on to today’s adventurous, err…day.

Today I was doing my own summer school (need an extra credit that i missed when I was not in a structured school (homeschool )), and it’s English III. What’s neat about today is that I posted my “Essay” to this specific forum in the school about Slavery and the Civil War and then responded to this black kid that was all “Well technically slavery is only on us blacks and therefore it is somehow racism.” Simply put, I ranted. It was a long post (I doubt the other kid will even read all of it XD) about how in reality slavery is not racism and how school is not slavery and how racism nowadays is just a sick joke that spits upon the great visuals of the 50s and 60s like Martin Luther King Jr. and all, and then about 15 minutes afterwards my teacher calls me and leaves a voice-mail instructing me to call him back. I was like “oh sh-(not really because I don’t cuss), this can’t be about that post…” So I called him back, or rather my mom called him and handed me the phone as it was ringing XD. Anyway, He picked up, and after getting through all the usual pleasantries, he went on to talk about, you guessed it, my post. In my head I was like “omg i’m gonna get kicked out for sure,” because he started out all “I was reading through your post and I really liked it! You were very good at addressing many topics that are key in today’s youth…etc.” I knew at one point he was going to be “but just be sure you don’t be that insulting again, or I’ll have to fail you.” To my surprise, it never came. He doted on my words as if they were drips of honey, and when the topic changed about how i got to be homeschooled and what my plans for college were, he even knew I was a Mormon! It’s the first time in my life where I’ve talked to someone who knew a little about my religion and wanted a few questions answered, and I have to admit I was ecstatic. In my religion, we view the world as one that scorns our religion, and every time I’ve met a person that knew my religion, it’s only served to reinforce that point. But to talk to a person who is sincerely interested in my religion, you guys just don’t know how rare an experience that is for one of us Mormons. All in all, my day was made.

Now, in all likelihood, you guys don’t care about that story and therefore I expect this thread to die off as an unknown one or an overly spammed one. Or worse, it may even turn into a religious war (in which case I will delete the thread altogether). Sorry, but I’m just not as good at making totally fun to read posts as Roasty is. So I’ll give you guys excerpts into my life and even a few rants probably, hopefully you guys can understand that. Honestly, the only reason I’m making this thread is so I can have one to myself that isn’t dedicated to songs that I write, which will give me an actual reason to post outside of that forum. Hope you guys enjoyed it, and if you didn’t…

Probably the only one that read all of that. Good stuff.

Also inb4ml/gs/sk spam

Any further spamming will be dealt with swiftly and without mercy.

I read it all too. More interesting than my life.

And all religion is mostly (imo) is just a way for people to cope. Who really can be certain, and I mean COMPLETELY certain, of what lies ahead. But you’re Mormon, cool. I don’t know anything about Mormonism. Care to share?

Wow, you’re Mormon!?! My friend (IRL) is Mormon

(That’s all I was gonna say pretty much lol)

What exactly is Mormonism?

Wow… I can’t believe I read that… God… It’s boring, but yet at the same time interesting to read about someone with a better life than yours.

wut

Why can’t we post rants and other stuff in our own thread!?! Worst. Rule. Ever.

I’ll handle that please, it is my thread.

Anyway I suppose I could tell you guys what Mormonism is, considering how interested you guys are. The proper name of our church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or LDS for short. The meaning of our title is that we believe our church is the true church, set forth by Jesus himself, lost for much of the medieval period of time after Christ’s death and restored in today’s world in the 1830’s by a man called Joesph Smith. The name “Mormon” and “Mormonism” come from the fact that the main thing Joesph restored was another testament of Jesus Christ, another Bible if you will. But it is called the Book of Mormon, named after an olden-day prophet named Mormon who sealed and abridged the book. Along with the Book of Mormon, there are also two other books that we have, one being called the Doctrine and Covenants, and the other The Pearl of Great Price. D&C was written by Jesus himself through Joesph Smith, that is to say Jesus was speaking to him through revelation things that we would need for these latter days. And The Pearl is a few short books, one written by Moses and one by Abraham, as well as two more by the Prophet Joesph Smith, one containing his own history up to the point of him writing the D&C, and one with his thoughts and translations of the book of Matthew, in the New Testament.

In addition to all these, we have thirteen scriptures written by Joesph that outline our beliefs to anyone who wants to read them quite well, they are as follows (I’ll put my own notes beside each one in parenthesis):

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. (Pretty standard, we believe in the Godhead. Don’t let anyone tell you different, we are firmly Christian.)
  2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
  3. We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. (The atonement being what Jesus suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane)
  4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Unlike the Baptists, we are baptized when we turn eight years old, and no one is condemned if they die beforehand. Also, there is no sprinkling of water, we go into a pool of water with a person who has authority (usually a father or other male relative), and after saying a specific prayer, we are then fully submerged, just like Jesus was for John the Baptist.)
  5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof. (When Joesph Smith restored the gospel
  6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth. (Our church is the very same one that existed in the time of Paul the Apostle, simply lost at one point and restored now.)
  7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth. (These are actual gifts that may be given to us through the Holy Ghost, but we only receive them if God has foreordained us to do something that requires us to have it. The Gift of Tongues, for example, is the ability for one person to speak in one language and no matter who he or she is talking to, the other person will be able to understand him/her as if he/she was talking in that other person’s main language.)
  8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. (We use the King Jame’s version of the Bible.)
  9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God. (Every person is able to receive personal revelation from God whether he/she is a part of our church or not, but the Prophet is the only person able to receive Revelations concerning the Church.)
  10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory. (We also believe that Joesph Smith recieved revelation that Zion was supposed to be in Jackson County, in Missouri. )
  11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may. (Pretty straightforward)
  12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law. (Just because we have our own Prophet who we believe is a true Seer, able to communicate with God and all, that doesn’t mean we aren’t subject to our own laws here in America, or wherever you as a Mormon live.)
  13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul–We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things. (Whew that one was long, give yourself a pat on the back just for reading it! As this one states, we believe in being good people.)

Obviously I’m no expert in this field, but if you have any questions and stuff, ask away. Also, don’t go to any non-affiliated site to obtain knowledge about the church, such as Youtube, becuase many of the things you find are misleading and portray us in a bad light.

I can’t believe I just read that, and I didn’t even ask what it was… o.O

I was talking in general… but… that’s so much reading. >_<

Ok, Wow… So much… Now… Some questions…

1. Why’d you make this thread? I get that you want a reason to post, but why?

2. Why’d you think we’d care about your life? I mean, some of us are interested like me(Sort of), but why?

3. Next time we ask you about something like that… Can you leave it to a minimum?

Ok I now regret asking.

So… It’s not like you HAD to read all that.

Well I feel bad making him type out a whole book-length post with the false hope that we will contradict his expertise, ask questions and go to a non-affiliated site to obtain misleading knowledge that portrays the church in bad lighting conditions.

Okay, here is a few questions:

1. After you die, If you were good enough, saved/repented, or something like that, do you become a ‘god’?

2. Does your church believe in having multiple wives?

3.Do you believe in multiple heavens?

I found some verses of your bible stating some of these are true, but becuase I found them over the internet it might not be true.

Also, My friend says that there are 2 kinds of Mormon groups, the original (with all those beliefs), and a newer form that has changed some of the beliefs. the old kind is called Mormon-X, I think. Which one are you from?

Heavens…Heavens… That reminds me of a movie I watched last night, “The Invention of Lying”. The guy lied to everyone when his mother was dying and said “When you go to that good place in the sky, everyone gets their own mansion that they like, and there is free ice cream.”

Free ice-cream?! Someone hand me a tall building quick!

And then this Pepsi truck went by and on the side of it, it said “Pepsi, Now served in the Afterlife.”

CoughEhemCough

Can we get back to StarWars now?

I don’t really have anymore questions.