~CC2017~ Official Thread

how is that not contributing to the thread

1 Like

So once all the rules are laid out for the collab, howā€™s the schedule gonna be created? Is it gonna be like the system Tsu used where we posted who we wanted to start and then it was in order of votes or will it be more random?

Maybe you should re-read the name of the thread, itā€™s ā€œ~CC2017~ Strategy/Planning thread (Also CONTEST! announcement)ā€ and definitely not ā€œdisliking postsā€¦ yes/no?ā€ And with the post I just quoted you still arenā€™t contributing to the thread, post something constructive and relevant to the Community Collaboration 2017 if you donā€™t want people to ignore or be mad at you.
Keep irrelevant posts in status updates.

ā€¦

are you guys brain dead cause of how dead this site is or something

I was contributing, I was posting my opinion to QVXā€™s post

wtf?

1 Like

You didnā€™t offer any constructive criticism AT ALL. Just because you didnā€™t like what he said, you complain that you canā€™t dislike a postā€¦ um ok like that helped SO MUCH. If you want people to listen, elaborate why counting all the yes options together is a bad idea or whatever you had a problem with instead of being so extremely vague that the post wasnā€™t even helpful. Please, by all means, suggest what you have in mind and actually explain it. If you canā€™t even explain, then I nor anyone else has any reason to continue listening to what you have to say in this thread until you do say something meaningful. And insulting the site definitely does not help your case.

but why does it need to be constructive?

I donā€™t want samples, and all the reasons I donā€™t want them have already been mentioned in this thread

1 Like

If everything that you needed to say was already said, then why say anything? Thatā€™s exactly the problem. Iā€™ll stop here before the thread is derailed further.

Except itā€™s not being derailed, weā€™re talking about the samples.

My post wasnā€™t offtopic either cause it was about the samples as well.

Alright guys lets get back to the center here.

At this point Iā€™m willing to call the voting closed on the current polls. I find QVXā€™s point vaild and consider the yeas to have it on adding samples. I think any limitations on sample size, length, quantity and such are premature because a limitation on size allotment in the file itself (i.e. each user could only add .5 MBs to the total file size) would effectively police that itself. If you want more samples, youā€™d have to trade away things like how long or dense your section is. IF YOU HAVE AN OBJECTION TO THIS THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I CAN ALWAYS HOLD ANOTHER POLL.

It seems the consensus is that V3 Standard will be the composer of choice.

With that though, Iā€™m opening a new poll on the actual limitation we set for specific users. To avoid the issue with the previous poll, Iā€™m condensing the choices into as few a number as possible. Suggestions are always good!

Remember, the contest closes on the 27th! So far, we have only ggfchlā€™s submission, and I donā€™t want to make a poll that just says ā€œShould we use the one submission we have as the intro? Y/Nā€ If you need a time extension, please make it known. Thereā€™s no need to sign up or state your intentions, just follow the guidelines in the OP if you are interested :slight_smile:

holy shit i made some music:

Also, quick question, does the intro count as my entry for the collab or can I submit another part later on?

Got mine in here (3 days left!)

Hey, itā€™s a-me ashleybas10. Iā€™d like to join in please :slight_smile: But I donā€™t have any introā€™s, sorry.

Alright, so I voted ā€œotherā€ in the current vote. Here is why:
Basically I think there should indeed be limitations to what you can and cannot upload. It is only logical to base these limitations off of how big a file can be before notessimo shuts the door on you and tells you the files is too big. However, as far as Iā€™m able to understand, mods can upload bigger files than regular users, so why donā€™t we utalize this and send the .note files to a designated mod, so that he or she can send it to the next person in line?
Obviously, this would mean that all content procuded after 8mb would not be shared untill the completion of the project, unless a system is put in place where the beforementioned mod would upload the entry on behalf of the user. Iā€™ personally okay with either solution.
No restrictions, however, is a REALY bad idea and i donā€™t know why itā€™s an option nor why people voted for it.

1 Like

I havenā€™t personally noticed that mods can upload bigger files, at least I havenā€™t been able to myself (maybe someone could link me an example of this?). Iā€™m also unsure how we would go about reducing the file size below 8 MBs if we go over that limitation. Iā€™d always assumed a mod (probably myself) would handle file sharing and the eventual uploading of the file. I would prefer if the file size limit was considered to be 8 MBs just in case, that way if we are barely over the limit we can see what changes need to be made to accommodate the limitation.

Itā€™s important to realize that this collab canā€™t be like the first one, a 20-minute behemoth that changed genres every time a user added a part. The upshot is that we really should be trying to make a single song with elements of each userā€™s style woven in, rather than 20 different songs packed into a single file. I donā€™t know what that will look like but itā€™s up to each user to make their part. The reason I like a file size limitation is that you could conceivably add 3-4 minutes of material if you were very minimalist in the composition, or you could pack a huge amount of complexity into a small amount of space.

As for how the file reaches each new user, I had no inhibitions about having each user upload their part once they finished it onto the forums, and the next person simply downloads it. Since the voting does not appear to be changing, Iā€™m closing that poll and opening a new one based on your comment, Hellstick.

Not gonna vote this time around since i donā€™t care about what we do about question 1 and 3 and my answer to the second one is no. Cheers for keeping track of everything though:)

Ah, I should probably specify what I mean by the first option of question three.

As soon as we vote on the intro we would use, the file would become open to being edited. Instead of having the list, people could volunteer to go first, edit their part (whether thereā€™s a time-limit is fine, either way works), and then posts their part once they are done. Then it would be open again, and the next person to volunteer would be able to do so. Itā€™s a system that could work if itā€™s done properly, though tbh I suppose having a list is more organized. If we use the same method as before, Iā€™d want people to have a say in their spot, rather than arbitrary RNG (people who donā€™t care could specify that). Unsure if thatā€™s how it should be done, open to discussion as always.

Hellstick, i believe you have some rather large V3 files, if you can find a way to send them to me (if you still had versions that were over the cap) i can double check by attempting to upload (and of course deleting it if necessary).

Upon further inspection, iā€™m not entirely sure if it works for song uploads as well (hence why i want to test it out), but as far as PM attachments go, mods can definitely send up to 25 MB at a time.

Time extension has been voted for. Voting on the intro has been postponed to Janurary 30th, barring another request for additional time.

I want to do this but iā€™m so lazy and just saw this lol

2 Likes

If you missed the contest, you can still be a part of the collab later on, the contest is just for the intro

votes for own entry
everybody does that