Aurarocirrus
Theory Of Everything
Elutherius Avelien
Dark Chameleon
etc

Kdiuldlea = I rather thought my star was good ā€¦
Sandalman3000 = Thank you! Iā€™ll look out for the high clarinet ā€¦
Roastmasters = Thank you for your wonderful comment

To keep this thread active Iā€™ll post a Random Friday Song. Look out for it!

Good point, as usual, but I meant active as well.

Random Friday Song:

Great song, but as a fellow composer I think you need to start making songs with a little more structure, try adding drums. Donā€™t worry about your last song though, because a piano only song is fine on itā€™s own. And it was very good, but rather basic in my opinion. What I mean is that you are using only one instrument (two if you use the low piano), so you really need to go all out on a piano song. Donā€™t get me wrong, it was a good song, but to me it was missing somethingā€¦

Why, thank you, StarWars. Iā€™ll try to add more drums when possible. And Iā€™ll look for that ā€œthingā€ thatā€™s missing in my new song. Where do you think I should put it in the list?

Oh Iā€™m an active lurker, I just donā€™t use notessimo as much due to availability of other mediums. Canā€™t say much for the other guys though.

@Muselline, If I could say something about your last song, Iā€™d actually have to disagree with star. If anything it was too complicated. Try and follow a slightly more repetitive structure. Try and follow a central theme. Donā€™t just come up with phrases willy-nilly and add them in whenever. Make sure theyā€™re intelligently designed and relative to other phrases and the central theme. Just my two cents (even though Iā€™m british dammit). I actually enjoyed it more than most other piano based pieces on this forum (excluding skycakesā€™ musics, of course, but she has a unfair advantage due to high levels of awesome).

Oh, and Iā€™d tend to stay away from 3+ of the same note in a row played that quickly. Just doesnā€™t really sound right on a piano.

Aww I kinda have started to add in random bits to my songs. I donā€™t really want it to sound to repetitive, you see. Anyway it was loosely based on Mozartā€™s Rondo Alla Turca which to me sounds pretty random.

And on the 3+ notes in a row issue, I just couldnā€™t pin-point where you were talking about. I donā€™t think I did that in that piece.
Thanks for the comments!

Eh? Sheet 1, Bars 1, 3 and 4 for example. Those three A5 notes in bar 1, the three D5ā€™s in bar 3, and the four A5ā€™s in bar 4. Itā€™s just something you donā€™t really hear in piano music, seeing as it would mean the pianist would have to hammer down with the same finger really quickly if his other hand wasnā€™t available, and thatā€™s pretty difficult. So seeing as nobody really does it, it sounds a bit alien.

And songs can sound random, but thatā€™s usually because theyā€™re structured in different sections. However, you seem to have mixed everything together, and it seems a bit disjointed. And repetition doesnā€™t make a song sound repetitive. Itā€™s overuse that does it. You just need to learn where the line is. That comes with time though - performance, feedback, revision, I always say.

Well Iā€™m not really implying that this piece should be played on a real piano. I think jabbing on the keys sound cool but Iā€™m sorry if you didnā€™t like it. If you think 3 eighth-notes/quavers are made wait til you hear some of my other songs.Iā€™ll keep the random thing in mind. Thanks!

Iā€™m bored so, Iā€™m going to start posting a new song each day.

Synthetic Strings are SO hard to work with.

Donā€™t do it! Quality > Quantity

Anthony, I already know what songs I will be posting. I have 31 after all.

Sorry Iā€™ve been nothing but an ass this whole thread, so give me a chance to assess your overall style.

Your songs arenā€™t structured much. They are just short, sweet and to the point. Itā€™s pretty easy to tell that spacepixel is one of your main influences. It was pretty hard to tell this at first, but your latest song pretty much convinced me. Let me put it this wayā€¦ your and spacepixelā€™s songs would not be able to make it in the real world as real songs, but would be able to make it on a video game or movie or TV show soundtrack of some sort. If I was to be able to have a bunch song play along with my life (like having soundtrack IRL) Iā€™d use you and spacepixelā€™s discography. I know Iā€™m not explaining it right so Iā€™ll just skip to what you want to hear.

+Nice variety of instruments
+Short & sweet
+Accessible to everyone
+Nice atmosphere
+Most songs loop perfectly

-Too Short & sweet
-Too predictable
-This is going to be wierd to describeā€¦ but in some of your songs I feel no love in them. Reminds me of unknowneds recent songs. Listen to unknowneds Give It Away, you can tell he loved his song alot to care to make it perfect. Now listen to a few of his recent ones like midnight circus, you can tell he didnā€™t really care much about it enough to make it unique and stand out.

Wow thank you for writing all that out for me
I have to say some things though:

1. SP isnā€™t really an influence.
  2. None of my songs are meant to loop. In fact, I usually add a few empty bars at the end to show where the ending is.
  3. Well Iā€™m sorry my songs donā€™t have enough love. Iā€™ll try to ā€¦ err ā€¦ umm ā€¦ cough

Thank you!
And Sundayā€™s song:

Enjoy!

The vegatableā€™s chant made me think of kirby! Good job!

Thank you! That was one of my first songs.

Iā€™m lazy so Mondayā€™s song:

Errā€¦ Thats still vegetables chantā€¦

Huh, one person noticed.
Anyway, that was just a test. This is Tuesdayā€™s song. A companion to The Vegetableā€™s Chant. I think this it was written before yesterdayā€™s song.

As you can see, Iā€™m not posting Wednesdayā€™s song until you listen to Tuesdayā€™s song.