Combee=bee
Gastly=ghastly creature
Haunter=Haunt
Onix=Onyx
Articuno=arctic, one
Zapdos=ZAP, two
Moltres=molten, three
Eevee=evolution
I could go on forever, but I don’t really want to, and I don’t know the origin behind every name. I actually figure out the ones above by myself w/o use of internet, so most may be wrong. Except for Pikachu, which is found in the Official Pokemon Handbook!There are some very obvious ones (Kakuna, Beedrill, Eevee), but you should be able to figure most out.

Dracula= Alucard backwards
Miles Prower= Miles per hour

Amidoinitrite?

Wow… didn’t know that about them legendary birds… that’s neat lol

SUP!/BUMP!

What is all of ya’alls’ favorite pokemon?

I don’t know! There’s almost 500 to choose from. I’m not going to take the easy way out and say Pikachu. I’ll try to think about it…

Taking the easy way out eh? (hlisten) pikachu…

My fav is espeon…always is always will be…next would be the rest of the eevee evolutions
Then i could make a big long list…and so on and so forth

WOOT FOR BUMPAGE!

Kingdra.

pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold have been confirmed for a release in 2009!

You mean there’s more!?

a remake of the old gba versions, gold and silver, and yes theres more.

bulbapedia is agood rescource for those who want to keep up to date on new pokemon releases or just general facts about pokemon…

i use serebii.net. they have everything there

I use both…

Benzee and I are taking the “Mudkip Challenge”. I’m not sure if that’s the official name, but that’s what I’ve been calling. If anyone else wants to try, read the rules below.

1. Must use Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald. (It’s harder on Emerald)

2. Must choose Mudkip and keep it a Mudkip through the whole game. DO NOT EVOLVE MUDKIP!

3. You can catch other Pokemon, but they can only be used as HM slaves (Flash, Rock Smash, Cut, etc.), for double battles, and to switch out Mudkip to heal/revive it.

4. Mudkip must be named iherduliek.

I am using Emerald and am currently at Lilycove. I just cleared the Aqua Hideout in the cave. Ben is using Sapphire and I believe he is at the Pokemon League. Last I heard, he lost on Steven.

what level?

Now I am at the Pokemon League. Mudkip is lvl 66 but it still loses to Shiftry. And I forgot to add something to the rules. Mudkip must be named iherduliek.

What an epic Challenge, maybe i’ll do it over weekends. (rock)

Now, Mudkip is lvl 74. I lost on Wallace on pourpose so I can buy more energy roots and revival herbs. They’re much cheaper than hyper potions and revives.

YES! I beat it! Mudkip was lvl 77 going into the battle and it finished lvl 78. The hardest part was Ludicolo, becasue I have no moves that are super-effective. My moveset was Hydro Pump/Dig/Ice Beam/Surf (courtesy of Benzee).

The battle started with a Wailord. I used Dig and dodged it’s Double Edge. That took about 1/3 of it’s HP away. I used Dig again, and Wailord used Rain Dance. After I came up and injured it, he withdrew Wailord for Ludicolo. I used Ice Beam and it used Giga Drain. That KO’d me, so I brought in Unit 4 (Tropius) to use as a scapegoat while I used a Revival Herb on Mudkip. After Unit 4 was KO’d, I brought Mudkip back out and used another Ice Beam. Ludicolo countered with Leech Seed. After another Ice Beam, he used Giga Drain. It didn’t take me out, so I had a chance to use Ice Beam. Unfortunately, it didn’t KO Ludicolo. Another Giga Drain, another scapegoat. This one was Unit 1 (Zigzagoon). After Unit 1 bravely sacrificed itself, I sent Mudkip out again. This time, Ice Beam KO’d it and I was in the clear.

Wallace brought Wailord back in the battle. It was pretty much useless. He used Rain Dance, but I KO’d him with Dig. 2 down, 4 to go. Wallace was dumb enough to send out Tentacruel (I would’ve sent out Milotic). I used Dig and that brought Tentacruel down to about 1/4 HP. When I came up, I was hit with a Toxic. He then used a Full Restore on Tentacruel (what an idiot!) and I again proceded to Dig. He was down to about 1/4 HP again. He used Sludge Bomb and that injured Mudkip, though not enough to KO it. Another Dig, and another obstacle down. After KOing Tentacruel, Mudkip fainted because Iit was poisoned.

My next Pokemon was Castform (sorry, no cool nickname here). He sent out Milotic. After using another Revival Herb on Mudkip, I brought him out after Milotic easily demolished Castform. I was still using Dig. However, Milotic had an advantage in Speed and it poisoned me with Toxic. No worries though. I was at full health. After a few turns of Dig, Wallace used a Full Restore on Milotic. I was also weakened, so I used a Full Resotre on Mudkip. He then used Toxic, but it missed. I went under with yet another Dig. The same kept happening until I KOd it. All that was left was Whiscash and Gyarados.

Wallace was dumb enough to send out Whiscash instead of Gyarados. Whiscahs was fairly easy and caused no trouble whatsoever. I used Hydro Pump and he used Earthquake. Nothing fancy here. Another Hydro Pump sent him flying and I was left to battle Gyarados. I had Mudkip, Unit 3 (Keckleon), and Unit 5 (Wailmer) left in case I ran into trouble.

This was it. The last thing standing before me clearing the Mudkip Challenge on Emerald was a lvl 56 Gyarados. I sent out Unit 3 so I could heal Mudkip’s wounds it suffered from Whiscash. After Unit 3 fell to Gyarados’s hydro Pump, I sent Mudkip back out.Mudkip is far slower than Gyarados, but luckily, Gyarados used Dragon Dance. It raises attack and speed. I used Ice Beam and brought it down to about 3/4 health. He used Dragon Dance and I used Ice Beam. Gyarados was at about 1/2 health now. Two more last Ice Beams would do it (and that’s all I had left too). I was voilently struck by a Hyper Beam. It almost KOd Mudkip. Luckily, I was spared by 18 HP. I attacked with Ice Beam and he barely survived. I was like, “NO!” I thought for sure, he would use his last Full Restore on Gyarados. But, to my surprise, he didn’t. He had to recharge after using Hyper Beam! That took his turn! I had one more Ice Beam left. If I missed, I probably would’ve lost. I clicked “A” on Ice Beam and closed my eyes. I heard the Ice Beam MIDI sound go and I opened my eyes. I saw Gyarados’s health slowly go away. Gyarados was KOd and I had just won. I cleared the game using the Mudkip Challenge’s rules.

The whole battle took about 20 minutes. I was relieved to win. It felt good. My total playing time was only 20:29. It’s possible to beat the game on 16 hours, so I figured 20 was good with a Mudkip and HM slaves. Upon winning and watching the credits (yes, I did that lol), I raced up the stairs and started to write this wall of text that nobody will read. I will then hit the submit button and continue to browse the forums on Notessimo. Good day to you all.