The Notessimo Community Collab 2012 by The Notessimo Community

-description not finished-

Ending done by DD12.

60 Likes

The biggest project since Pizza Hut.

13 Likes

WOOOOOOOO YEAS!

1 Like

IF SOMEBODY COVERS THIS ON PIANO I will explode everywhere.

5 Likes

Wow, we need a trophy for this…

7 Likes
4 Likes

I jammed to this with my Casio SA-76 on some parts!

BEAUTIFUL!

4 Likes

8:53 and the violins before is the best part
16:25

This is the review of the Notessimo Community Collab 2012. Date, 7/28/2012. Written by THEFinalBoss. Reviewed on old player.

Review Procedure: From the start I’d thought to do sheet by sheet, but then realizing there are 64 sheets, this would be too extensive a review. I shall do it in sections that I see most fit together, and most likely NOT naming them as I go. I do not know who did what sheet, except for Hellstick, Tsukasa, and DD12.
The numbers before the sheets are the score out of 5. Score is shown at the beginning and end of each section. The text of each section is color coded to the Movement, and the Section Name is color coded to the score.

First notes: It’s been a few months, and now you’re finally done. I really don’t have much more to say. Begin the review!

[4] Sheet 0-1 (Intro): Never liked lettering, and I’m pretty sure I know what I’m listening to and rather not get it shoved in my face. The echo here does not work well, and should never have been added. 4/5
[5] Sheet 2-4 (Movement 1 Chorus): I don’t know why, but after my first listen this part seems somewhat slow. I never remember it being slow. Anyways, the green synth is actually really smart, and fits right in. The melody is spot on. This is a good beginning. 5/5
[3] Sheet 4-5-8 (Movement 1 Verse): It’s okay, feeling a little empty, but it’s the first verse so that’s fine. However, those low claps are terrible. Don’t know why they were added and are WAY too loud anyway. 3/5
[3.5] Sheet 8-9 (Movement 1 Chorus 2): A good second movement chorus thingamababber. The claps are too annoying. 3.5/5
[5] Sheet 10 (Movement 1 Verse 2): No claps? Good melody? 5/5
[4] Sheet 14-13-12-11-16 (Movement 1 Transitional): Speed things up. Like it, it’s not a bad transition. 4/5
[2.5] Sheet 18-21 (Movement 1 Variation): This part always was weird for me. It’s a good sax sing and everything, but everything faded back and letting the techno bass be lead happens way too often. After a while, this part REALLY drags and I often skip it. 2.5/5

[4] Sheet 25-27 (Movement 2 Part 1): It seems hard to transition from 21 to this, but it was done decently. Sheet 25 took too much time to go to the next sheet. 4/5
[4.5] Sheet 29 (Movement 2 Solo): Strats are odd, but piano is great. 4.5/5
[1] Sheet 32 (Movement 2 Burp): As the name says, this section is just a burp. 1/5
[3] Sheet 33 (Movement 2 Transitional): Hey cool! I like this, oh those strats are terrible. NOW THE TERRIBLE IS STUCK IN MY HEAD. 3/5

[3.5] Sheet 38-39-41 (Movement 1 Revisit): Woah, this part really works well. It drags, sadly, and has those damn claps. It contains all the problems the old Movement 1 did. I really like those ending synths though. 3.5/5

[5] Sheet 46-47-50-49 (Movement 3 Intro): Someone’s eating up the sheet usage here. Anyways, a good start to a more forced techno, which everyone enjoys. 5/5
[5] Sheet 51-52-53-54-55-56-52 (Movement 3 Vocal+Solo): Eat those sheets. Anyways, you should be proud of this part. It is one of my favorites, and the vocals are just perfect. It fits like budder and bread. 5/5
[5] Sheet 58-59 (Movement 3 Ending): Good transition. Nothing more to say here. 5/5

[5] Sheet 60-63 (Violin Break): I love this part. The drums, and background, the mood is perfect for the next part of the song. I LOVE this part 5/5.
[5] Sheet 64-3 (Movement 4 Intro Solos): The strat is REALLY awkward, but the piano solo is great. The accidentals are amazing and perfect here. 5/5
[5] Sheet 6-7 (Movement 4 Climax): A climax. This part is magnificent. It really sets the mood and has the most emotion to it. 5/5
[1] Sheet 65-66-67 (Movement 4 Burp): A burp of repetition. Really ruined it, especially the loud shit. 1/5
[3] Sheet 68-70 (Movement 4 Transitional): You know, this part is a whole lot of loud, but the guitars are decent this time. What’s up with the on-crack bass drums in sheet 70? 3/5

[4] Sheet 69 (Movement 5 Intro): I really like this sheet, once again, sets the mood. Dem Drums. 4/5
[3.5] Sheet 84 (Movement 5 Interjection): This really breaks the mood. I like it, a good interjection. The trumpet and sax were really good, but the last two notes of each phrase are like “Da fuq?” You build up for something nice, then you use that? This part really feels like an interjection. 3.5/5
[4] Sheet 71 (Movement 5 Transitional): Build up. It’s not bad. 4/5
[2] Sheet 80-82 (Movement 5 Climax [Piece Climax]): Well, that melody sure is scary. What’s playing behind it? A simple bass drum and a little quiet bass? I’m sure scared. As sheet 82 progresses it gets weaker and weaker. It’s Awkward Street, if you ask me. 2/5

[3] Sheet 86 (Movement 6 Intro Interjection): This part is a very odd transition, so its more like an interjection. It doesn’t go to well to the violins later. I wish it did. 3/5
[4.5] Sheet 88-89-87 (Movement 6 Chorus): I like this melody. I don’t know why it sounds so good with these high speed drums, but it does. 4.5/5
[4] Sheet 90-91-92-94-93 (Drum Break): It’s just slowing down here. I wish you added something here. 4/5
[3.5] Sheet 95-96-97-98-99 (Movement 6 Outro): This outro is nice and all, but it doesn’t spark the emotion of the last sections. It doesn’t try to draw you in, it feels like it says “I’m the same as the last section, just ignore me so I can finish with this high note.” It does feel good, in a sense, but should’ve been a lot better. The magnificence of the piece demands a good end. 3.5/5

Last notes: By the review, you can tell that this was a community collab. There were a lot of amazing parts, and a lot of parts that were just scrap metal on your plate. This song was like that meal where every piece of something you ate would either be amazing or terrible, but there was always both.

Amount of Sections: 28
Amount of Sheets*: 64
*All but 15,17,19,20,22,23,24,26,28,30,31,34,35,36,37,40,42,43,44,45,48,57,61,62,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,81,83,85

Section Average: 3.77/5
Sheet Average: 3.93/5
Review Score**: 3.85/5
**Review Score is derived from (Section Average+Sheet Average)/2

Personal Score: 4/5

Disclaimer: All of the above statements are opinionated, 'cept the first few lines. Review often brings scores a lot lower than usual, as it derives each and every part to come out as a whole. Every part of the song affects the review score, unlike the personal score.

12 Likes

i just realized someone hijacked my bit.ly link for a fricking business stream

THERE IS TOO MUCH YES TO BE FULLY CONTAINED
I HAVE GONE MAD FROM THE AMOUNT OF YES
PICKLES ARE JESUS

hey tfb lets fight right now

1 Like

Hey, you’re the one who said “we are almost out of sheets.” Just look at the list of missing ones.
1540994.jpg

1 Like

I love how that’s written in Comic Sans…

1 Like

HEY GUISE MY PART GOT A 9/10 BY NOTESSIMO’S TOUGHEST CRITIC YAY

AND IT WOULD’VE BEEN 10/10 IF YOU GUYS NEVER PUT THE LETTERING AND THE ECHOES, YOU TROLLS.

7 Likes

It’s… certainly… different… Bits of it I liked, but it just kept changing too much, jumpping from stupidly fast to stupidly slow… Still, kinda good. 3/5.

Why, thank you. proceeds to lower all scores by .5

2 Likes

Did I just get rick rolled at 4:45? Fuck.

3 Likes

That was the point. -__- Everybody has their own style and that’s why it was changing.