THE REAL NOTESSIMO COMM COLLAB (of 2011)

I agree! Groups might work with 30 people in the collab, but with our small numbers it just seems extraneous.

Well making a single song with this many users involved is complicated and completely impractical as well. That’s probably why the other thread by Unknowned fell through, too much deliberating and not enough action.

Unfortunately, I have contradicted myself. As Nuse has stated, this type of system works best when we have a lot of users asking to be a part of it. As it is, the thread is nearing 100 posts without a single update to the song, and I do not want to see this idea die like last time.

So, let’s start by picking an intro. Unless someone has something better to post, I think I would prefer to work on my own intro. Ashley’s is amazing but I feel like it’s too far into the song, it’s not really an intro anymore. Maybe I’m being biased, but it’s not like we’ve had a vote on it yet cough

EDIT: Oh, and I also wanted to add a rebuttal to TFB’s review. Even though the intro is show-offy, that’s the point of an intro, to catch the listener’s attention. Thus, the fade-in cymbals (which is reasonable compared to some song intros, such as Underworld by Kaveman).

I myself am working on a possible intro, possibly too metal though.

starwars’s intro is the best in my opinion. a lot can be made from it, it gives a good build-up for a great continuation, and plus its just simple enough to fit in the category of intro.

tfb’s was too simple

i didnt like ashleys at all, the drums are way too overpowering and everythings just too loud and I doubt anyone wants to fix it anyhow, and like starwars said its too far in to really be considered an intro

Here’s my intro, a few mistakes, and the last sheet is a placeholder.

clears throat

Well, I’ve looked at your arguments. We do only have 6 or 7 (I forgot to look ) people currently in this.
HOWEVER, if we had just no groups, one total large one, it would be easier, yet harder.

It would be easier in the fact it’d take less time to start the song.

It would be harder in the fact it’d take MORE time to finish the song.

It would be easier in the organization factor.

It would be harder in the entire organization and function of the song.

It would be annoying to wait for your turn in line.

If we do it randomly, it will fall apart.

It would also be annoying to wait such a huge time for something. With Star and My collab, Star takes a very long time to finish his part, since he has less time. I, on the other hand, have a lot more time on my hands to edit the song. Therefore, it would be practically impossible to keep up a good schedule.

I will set up a poll to put forward this. It will be a double poll. You’ll get 2 votes. (Hopefully this works.) You’ll get to vote on the intro and the groups. If I see any doubling (as in vote twice for the same thing), I will close the poll and set it to a single one. THIS MEANS IF YOU VOTE TWICE FOR SOMETHING, IT WILL TAKE LONGER TO FINISH THE POLL.

Hopefully you guys are responsible enough to handle a double poll.

If this ends badly, its probably my fault. It’s easier to give blame than receive it.
Oh yah, and DarkDan, the entire reason it took so long to make this is because I needed to figure out a way to make it so it wouldn’t fall apart as easily. Any strain in the system you suggest could entirely collapse it; however, my system can take many more strains. This is why I’m choosing Groups.

By the way, there are a total of 8 users currently is DarkDan and Sandal join in.

I picked groups as well, I just can see it working better in the long run.

Here’s an idea: since we have less users, would it be better to have only two groups?

I could do that. Nuse was hesitant anyway.

1.what does it matter if we take more time on the song, if you mean we are trying to finish this before V3, than either way chances are we aren’t going to finish (unless starburst delays the release date from 1-2 weeks), and may aswell restart the song in V3.
2. “It would be harder in the fact it’d take MORE time to finish the song.” exactly how would it be harder to finish the song?
3. if you don’t have enough patience to wait for your turn than maybe this project isn’t for you.
4 “If we do it randomly, it will fall apart.” I assume your saying this because “derp” fell apart, mostly because there was NO dedication, and was based in a chatroom instead of a thread or forum.
5. “It would also be annoying to wait such a huge time for something. With Star and My collab, Star takes a very long time to finish his part.” and how would it be any different waiting for people to finish their part in your plan?
6.“Therefore, it would be practically impossible to keep up a good schedule.” doesn’t have to be a schedule per say, it could be a set dealine like “you have 5 days to finish your part”, and if they don’t post a part by their deadline then it gets passed on to the nest person. Also if someones going to be gone for their turn they should inform everyone and get their turn skipped.

but even after all of that useless defending I still agree with star’s system.

D: I worked on that too D:.

Except, now, teddy, we have less groups. Therefore less time is required between groups.

I will be gone until next sunday so there is no confusion.

except for agreeing with the groups business, I agree with all of this.

The main arguments in this is that itll take longer for it to be someones turn and that itll also take a long time to complete. This shouldnt matter. It seems like itd be extremely annoying to pull this off with stars system… sorry to say but i dont like the system at all and Im considering quitting if we go through with it, its just way too much hassle for me.

yh props to teddy, most of it is his work!

anyway can we start

yes please start and meanwhile put me in group 2.

Star’s- Just doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere.

To be honest, none were perfect but if I had to choose I’d choose ashley’s and teddy’s.

gets slightly more nervous for the chance of the song getting picked and all of this ( ?id=63707) work going to waste
HOLY COW the polls are split down the line for groups and no groups.

Don’t worry, Star’s song will probably be chosen. :expressionless:

It’s official. Star’s song will be used. The matter of groups, however, is a different story. It’s all tied up, 3 to 3. Therefore I’ve come to the decision groups will not be used. This will be a fairly large wait between turns. I’ll also do it randomly between them, but it’ll stay fair. One person will always be the last in the group (me) and one person will always be after that (the first person).
Otherwise, the people in the middle are random. This’ll take about 10 minutes time to edit the thread, so give me a second.

Lovely. It would be very helpful if a mod could delete all these posts, so we can have a fairly directly on-topic thing going. And not a clobber of posts either.