Vidya Games

It seems starwars beat me to getting this back on topic, but oh well, why waste my time for nothing?

Nice, but a bit flat. But, who am I to know?

Boo hoo.

no no, valid point. Unfortunately a half-step up is too sharp so what am I to do?

can someone do this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p6BLA04EOo

Remember Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when you had to sneak around the guards to get to Zelda in the Castle Courtyard? Here is the castle courtyard theme. ?id=42025

You should probably post that one in the Zelda games thread.

Just as a suggestion, you may want to use a softer sounding instrument for the accompaniment, such as Nice #1 (if it goes low enough) or Pizzicato, rather than the Grand Piano. You may also want to use an instrument that doesn’t…become so off-tune on those long notes like that on measures 8-10.

Sorry, I didnt notice there was a Zelda Games thread! And I noticed the off tune thing, but with the clarinet #1, I’d have to put put it an octave lower to get the same sound out. I think I’ll edit it out and re post it in the Zelda Games thread or something. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Here is a version with Clarinet#1 and Nice#1

hehe… quat

what you gus think about me making the castle theme for Super mario bros? I dont know how often that’s been done

It’s been done a fair amount… but we’re always game (no pun intended, sorry 'bout that) for a remix…

Yay! New song!
Anyway, I love how this one turned out, buth as a song and a loop. Here it is, one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite game series, Cosmic Angel Zone from Sonic Advance.

P.S. I’m giving myself a PRRRRRRROMOTION for this one. I am now Classical Junkie, level 2.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp2-aZgO ... re=related](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp2-aZgOt1M&feature=related)

Nice!

Woo finally done this beast, 32nd triplets are not to be trifled with.

Good job! I’m about a quarter of the way through Oil Ocean Zone from Sonic 2, and I’m using a lot of unused instruments, such as the congas and steel drums. I’t top secret though, so I can’t tell you how it sounds. All hush-hush and the like.

@Sandalman3000
There’s just one thing that bugged me: I don’t see why you chose to use Nice #1, a percussion instrument, for the melody in sheets 1 and 6-9. I think a wind instrument (probably Ocarina) would be more accurate.
Otherwise, great job! I like it a lot!

It just sounded better then the woodwind instruments.

Sheesh, two actually good uploads in 12 hours! I’m on a roooollllll!
Anyways, this one is Oil Ocean Zone from Sonic 2. It has Steel Drums!!! And Congas!

Another PRRRRROOOMOTION for me! I’m now level 3, Jazzercizer!

Hey guys, I’mtrying Doomsday Zone next, but I’m having a little trouble with the dodeclets, sexlets, and nonlets. Any suggestions? Sheet music here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQaSQupOr8Q

It’s actually not as daunting as you think. Don’t be fooled by notation; those fast-moving notes are actually all equal in length: a “twenty-fourth note”, or “sixteenth-triplet”. So, base tempo disregarding the sixteenth-triplets is around 150 (maybe less; use your ear for this), so with triplets included, this should be around 450 or less. Sixteenth note is three spaces, sixteenth triplet is two spaces, eighth note is six spaces, etc. (essentially, you’re stuffing one measure’s worth of notes into three measures).
Hope that helped.

Personaly, I wouldn’t use that for the sheet because there are notes that are off. I love hatch’s work, but that was one of his first songs and it’s a bit off. If you’re going to use sheet, I’d google for something else. If you want to use it though, most of it is correct, but I’d be aware that there are notes that are off. I’d try to fix it by ear at least. If you have troubles doing that, you can send it to me and I’ll be able to help with that. I kinda wanted to make this song sometime too so I will be able to correct it.

Or, if you look at the comments, somebody already explained the errors.

Also, now that I’ve listened to the original, I’ve noticed that the slide (with the triplets) at the beginning should be slightly lower in pitch, too (by, like, one half step, but I may be wrong). I bet I’m missing a bunch more, but I’ll just leave that to Clonefan841… (Yeah, sorry for butting in like that…)