Vidya Games

I’m confused… boo hoo, are my songs doog ro dab? Probably bad… goes emo and starts slitting wrists and crying in corner

Okay, as much as I’d hate to needlessly extend this argument…

Really? Because what I see is:

It’s this word that really stood out for me. Now, “sucked” is a rather strong word, designed specifically for insulting something or someone. Dan could have easily said the song “was not very good”, but instead chose to use the word “sucked”. An insult candy-coated with apologies is an insult nonetheless.

Now, don’t get me wrong; I like Dan and his songs as much just as any of you guys, and I’m not all too keen on the other guys instantly jumping on the easyaspi bandwagon and joining the Dan hate club either (and the subsequent instant side-reversal as soon as StarWars posted…), but I just can’t ignore the fact that Dan, well, “started it”, to put it simply… Moral of the story:

I don’t know… I’m a newbie; don’t listen to me.

QFT (Including me.) /topic
Let’s stop this argument and go back to being bestest fwiends, okay?

I said that because Im too freaking tired to actually argue right now.

4in1 is smarter than all of us

I like how everyone on this page is online. Ok, now back on topic!

ITT: Support goes to whoever posts last.

In other news:

Let’s get back on track, people! (Ugh, pun not intended…shoot me. )

You know, I really have no idea why this is on the featured list. It’s accurate, but because the song is all-piano, the lower piano has a big impact on the song, and it’s so low that it’s, well, quite frankly it’s no good whatsoever. It should be moved up an octave.

And before someone comes here and tells me to get back on topic, let me point out that this post is critque on a video game song, and even though it is very late, it is still on-topic, seeing as this is the vidya games thread.

If any of Hypo’s songs should be featured, it should really be Bohemian Rhapsody.

It seems starwars beat me to getting this back on topic, but oh well, why waste my time for nothing?

Nice, but a bit flat. But, who am I to know?

Boo hoo.

no no, valid point. Unfortunately a half-step up is too sharp so what am I to do?

can someone do this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p6BLA04EOo

Remember Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when you had to sneak around the guards to get to Zelda in the Castle Courtyard? Here is the castle courtyard theme. ?id=42025

You should probably post that one in the Zelda games thread.

Just as a suggestion, you may want to use a softer sounding instrument for the accompaniment, such as Nice #1 (if it goes low enough) or Pizzicato, rather than the Grand Piano. You may also want to use an instrument that doesn’t…become so off-tune on those long notes like that on measures 8-10.

Sorry, I didnt notice there was a Zelda Games thread! And I noticed the off tune thing, but with the clarinet #1, I’d have to put put it an octave lower to get the same sound out. I think I’ll edit it out and re post it in the Zelda Games thread or something. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Here is a version with Clarinet#1 and Nice#1

hehe… quat

what you gus think about me making the castle theme for Super mario bros? I dont know how often that’s been done

It’s been done a fair amount… but we’re always game (no pun intended, sorry 'bout that) for a remix…

Yay! New song!
Anyway, I love how this one turned out, buth as a song and a loop. Here it is, one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite game series, Cosmic Angel Zone from Sonic Advance.

P.S. I’m giving myself a PRRRRRRROMOTION for this one. I am now Classical Junkie, level 2.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp2-aZgO ... re=related](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp2-aZgOt1M&feature=related)

Nice!

Woo finally done this beast, 32nd triplets are not to be trifled with.

Good job! I’m about a quarter of the way through Oil Ocean Zone from Sonic 2, and I’m using a lot of unused instruments, such as the congas and steel drums. I’t top secret though, so I can’t tell you how it sounds. All hush-hush and the like.