Techno Thread

Well…I don’t know what to say really. Mainly…it’s mostly clavinet.
But here’s something that took me a while. And I think I found a good use of Space #1 and Tubular Bell #1.
Anyway, enjoy Wishgranter.

(hlisten) Immense! :mrgreen:

Holy crap, Auroracirrus, Cosmic Current was amazing.

Wow. Cosmic Current should be put in a movie or something.
It’s like you’re adoring space or travelling with the current.

I liked it when it got fast.
=P

I couldn’t find a theme for easy listening or movie/tv themes, which is something I like, short pieces like this give me the chance to figure out the way this program works so I chose to do it. However, without a more proper place for it, here it is:

I am happy with about everything except for a few:

Limitations on range within the program caused some of the late piano solo notes to be missing parts, thus sounding off pitch.
Lack of a theremin for the crucial buildup part in the song. Leaves it feeling naked in the first part.
The high pitch set of the drum kit and percussion instruments combined with the low pitch of the piano solo made it impossible to line the mandolin up to sound right.

I also ran into a bug, but you can find that on the proper thread.

It is now 0133 hours here, so I am going to sleep now.

sayonara.

That was nice.

But you’re wrong, there is, in fact, a TV/Movie Themes thread

Thanks, it’s nice to get something that sounds good, even if I had to kill several of my favorite themes to do this one.

I can’t get the Stargate theme to line up into a 4/4 count because it has all these funky spots where 3 beats are put in room for 2 beats. How in the world iis that supposed to work?

Are you talking about triplets? If so, make the measure(s) where there are triplets a seperate sheet… multiply the tempo and note lengths by 3, except for the trip notes, multiply those by 2. So… say you have trips of quarter notes… place them as half notes in Notessimo. If I confused you, I applogize lol

multiply everything by 1.5 except volume, panning, and triplets, its that easy.

I tried that way once, but then you can’t make sixteenths properly because they’re at 6… right? Either that or I was doing it wrong lol

This is a song, made by someone who hates this particular genre with a passion. Why did I create a song under a genre I hate with a passion? To educate myself, and I did. Just finishing up this song, I’ve learned that electronic, techno, and trance are all very bearable, and I respect it alot more than I did before. Screw the metal guitar, the techno bass is my new favorite instrument.

Now for this song, it expected to be a disaster, since you know, its the first song i created under a genre I hate, but no, I think i could possibly be one of my best. When I was making the techno bass solo, i realized it wasn’t really a techno song anymore, its a rock song with electronic elements, buts its still more techno than rock by a mile.

TL;DR: I think i just created a new genre of music.

Wow… that… was pretty awesome! I’m impressed that you managed to make something so great out of something you hate. Now if only I could do that… (I also hate techno lol)

It’s unfinished but I think it’s techish and dancish. What do you guys think?

If it sounds familar it was part of the series about the Unwritten Murder…now it IS unwritten because I am shooting blanks. So I revised the Victim and we have this now…I hope.

Finally made a song!!!

Well, heres a remix of a song i found on youtube.

and heres the link to the video…

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBgQDIP ... re=related](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBgQDIPWX8&feature=related)

EDIT: Crap, i misspelled original in my song’s “by” name.

first original in a while, please tell me what you think and dont just say it was great, CRITICIZE ME!!!

I love it dude

Bumpity-lumpity-gumpity-bump…
<_<

_>

WHERE ARE THE NEW TECHNO SONGS!

My first try in techno, and i suck.

Oh boy. As much as I hate to do this, I’m going to have to tell you the bad news. You have 6 months to live. You have cancer. (Joking.)

Here’s the REAL bad news:

Fireball, Default is not an okay song.
The drum beat is pure…CRAP.
The bass line can’t really put on anything interesting until the violins, piano and the metal guitar came along. Very short-lived.
Fireball, you’ve got to learn how to make music and lure in the auidence. Like I said, music is like a book.
Lure in the readers. Lure in your auidence. Wow the reader, wow the world…see where I’m going.
Focus more on the songs instead of something that seems to be made in half an hour.
Sorry if it’s offense but this is what I had to say. It’s what criticism is all about.
So do better next time.

I was going to say that.